Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music pauses when adjusting volume?

Solved!

Music pauses when adjusting volume?

Hi. I have just installed android 4.4.2 on my HTC mini, and now my spotify is behaving. When ever I press the phones volume button, the music pauses. Any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi casper0611!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Spotify. 

Just to confirm, whenever you alter the volume with your phone controls, the music pauses?

I'd suggest a clean reinstallation just to be sure you're up to date too. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi casper0611!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Spotify. 

Just to confirm, whenever you alter the volume with your phone controls, the music pauses?

I'd suggest a clean reinstallation just to be sure you're up to date too. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hi.

I've had this problem for some time, on Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), Android 4.4. Clean reinstallation did not fix the problem, and even after rooting and installing Cyanogen Mod, the problem persists.

The music pauses 1\2 - 2 sec after pressing either volume button on the phone. It is not consistent, and does not always happen, though quite often. I've tried to find a pattern, and it seems that it does not pause if any of the volume buttons have been recently pressed.

In other words; you change the volume, the music stops, you manually resume and press the volume buttons again within a short time, the music does not stop. The time interval is not consistent either, it can cause a pause after 3 sec, and it can work as expected after a minute.

If the phone has been without any input at all for longer time (>5 min), the music always pauses when the volume buttons are pressed.

My solution has been a bluetooth-headset with it's own volume control, thus avoiding using the volume control on the phone (fyi, the problem is there with normal headphones as well). 

I'm having the same trouble on my Xperia Z2 - Android version 4.4.2.

It seems like spotify pauses whenever it loses audio focus. I had another audio application that also paused whenever I pressed the volume button, but once I disabled "pause on losing audio focus" for it, it never stopped on volume changes again.

I looked through spotify for a similar option, but I couldn't find one.

I have had this problem for quite a while now and today i found the solution! Hallelujah haha.

Open Spotify on your computer and untick the box "Enable Hardware Acceleration" in Edit > Preferences > Playback.

I hope it helps you too!

Suggested posts