Free

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7+

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

To sum it up: ever since I've switched from a Huawei Mediapad to a Samsung Galaxy S7+, Spotify has been refusing to load in any artist pages at all. It comes to this conclusion quite quckly, without even showing a loading screen. Presing try again also doesn't help

I've tried soft resetting my tablet, logging out of my account and even deleting my application, all of which have been done more than once. While they do fix the issue, it only lasts for 5 minutes until it returns to the usual issue.  I haven't got enough of an audio cache for it to be any issue.

So far, all I've figured out is that it's something to do with the app on this device, as this issue doesn't show up on the Windows 10 Spotify App (I even searcched the same artiats).

Now, I know this sounds like a trivial issue, I could always just listen to and find albums via the search engine. But I do enjoy looking through all of an artist's material in one place, makes it simpler to find what you want. This issue is, quite obviously, making that impossible.

Screenshot_20210206-171944_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210206-172008_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @J_J1,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Just to confirm, did you try removing the SD card and reinstalling the app without it? We'd like to know if the issue persists while your tablet is without the SD card.

We'd also like to know if that behavior persists when your wireless headphones are disconnected from the tablet. This would help us determine if this issue is related to any external device.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @J_J1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this one.

You're right, it would seem that something is interfering with the integrity of the app files on that device. Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Galaxy S7+? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain.

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has all permissions enabled and is excluded from any cache clearing or battery optimization services. Keep in mind that some devices come with such apps preinstalled. 

If that doesn't fix things, could let us know if the artist pages load correctly when connected to a different internet network? 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for replying, Mihail.

I've just tried a clean install, all steps being followed. Sadly, it didn't fix the issue. It turns out that I didn't have all the permissions enabled. It still didn't change anything. As for trying another network... I'll have to wait until I have access to a public one; it may be a while.

If this also helps: the issue goes away for a short period of time if I close the app and reload it. But I have to be very quick otherwise it'll go back to the issue.

Hey @J_J1,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

If possible, could you try using mobile data and let us know how it goes?

If you're using an SD card, could you try removing it and reinstalling the app without it to see if there's any difference?

Lastly, we'd also like to know the Spotify version you're running.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

Thanks for helping the problem, CarlosE

It turns out, all I had to do was dismount my SD card and re-insert it. Makes me feel like a bit of an eejit hahaha. Back to listening now I guess.

Sorry for the false congratulations, but the problem has returned. The SD card did fix the issue for a longer period of time than nornal though.

But anyway, I'm running version 8.5.98.984, the latest version if I remember correctly. I also can't use mobile data, as I have a tablet.

Another thing to add: I use wireless headphones.

Marked as solution

Hi there @J_J1,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Just to confirm, did you try removing the SD card and reinstalling the app without it? We'd like to know if the issue persists while your tablet is without the SD card.

We'd also like to know if that behavior persists when your wireless headphones are disconnected from the tablet. This would help us determine if this issue is related to any external device.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Ah... Back to the never ending problem haha.

Good news, disconnecting my headphones seems to work. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

I'm guessing that Spotify has a problem with bluetooth device? Or some kind of issue running properly with them?

Anyway, thanks for the help, this seems to have done the trick.

Hey @J_J1,

Thanks for bearing with us.

There might be indeed some interference with how the Bluetooth headphones are working with the app. Try unpairing them, restarting your tablet, and pairing them back to see if that does the trick.

If the issue persists and if possible, could you try with another Bluetooth headphones or device to see how it works? That would be helpful to determine if the issue is device-related.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts