Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Collection Feature - Download Request

Solved!

New Collection Feature - Download Request

I'm loving the new Collection feature that randomly appeared in my Android app. I do have a request, that I realize may be planned for the future, as I realize the Collection is new and still likely being developed.

Instead of only being able to download playlists to my phone, I'd like to be able to download albums by artists from the Collection view. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Good Idea! Feel free to submit it to the Ideas section so Spotify are aware of it.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Mr Ek was probably out of order mentioning something which wasn't even on the developers' agenda and I guess that's why Spotify generally never gives out timescales etc. But at least you know that Collection is in Beta testing so that must give you some hope 🙂

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Good Idea! Feel free to submit it to the Ideas section so Spotify are aware of it.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hello, having moved from Zune marketplace to Rhapsody I decided to give Spotify a chance after they added Led Zeppelin to their artist list. I have two questions:

1. In order to download an album do you have to create a playlist and add it to that? If so, Rhapsody is better option.

2. Using Spotify Connect w/my Yamaha 2030 receiver, how do I know the signal is going via the internet and therefore benefiting from the Yamaha DAC's vs. simply airplay from my iPad or iPhone?

Thanks,

1. Currently yes, although here on the community we are hoping for the ability to offline albums etc once the new Collections/Your Music tab goes public (currently in closed beta testing).

2. Spotify connect will always stream directly from Spotify to your speaker (not between devices like Airplay). However, as far as I am aware Yamaha have not yet released the updated firmware needed for Spotify Connect to work.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@55stillrockin wrote:

Hello, having moved from Zune marketplace to Rhapsody I decided to give Spotify a chance after they added Led Zeppelin to their artist list. I have two questions:

1. In order to download an album do you have to create a playlist and add it to that? If so, Rhapsody is better option.

2. Using Spotify Connect w/my Yamaha 2030 receiver, how do I know the signal is going via the internet and therefore benefiting from the Yamaha DAC's vs. simply airplay from my iPad or iPhone?

Thanks,

Where did you get the required firmware update to use Spotify Connect on your Yamaha AVR? What's your Yamaha firmware version? If you have firmware version 1.22 then you don't have Spotify Connect. If you have newer firmware, please let me know where did you get it? As far as I know, it has not been released yet. 

Are you sure your not using Airplay?

I have 1.22 still. No clue on how to seek update.

If your Yamaha has firmware v1.22 then you are certainly using Airplay. Spotify Connect is not yet available for Yamaha devices.

I left spotify about a month ago to go to Rdio strictly because of the Collections feature available on Rdio.  But I LOVE spotify and will come back with my tail between my legs once Spotify's Collection feature is open!!!

Any idea when closed beta may end?

Thanks!

Unfortunately Spotify never give out release dates, could be tomorrow or in many weeks time!

Peter

Is there any update as to when this new feature will be rolled out to users? Is it out of beta yet?

Thanks!

It is still in Beta so once everyone is happy, it will be rolled out.

It would be very lovely if they would allow users to just go through their collection by artist or album, just like iTunes does. thats EVERYTHING i have ever been asking for in spotify. PLEASE!

Pretty sure you can do that in the new Your Music tab. 😉

Peter

I don't have a Your Music tab 😞

@jwylot wrote:

It is still in Beta so once everyone is happy, it will be rolled out.

As @Joe mentioned above its currently in a closed beta, hopefully it will make it out to everyone sometime in the near future.

Peter

Here it is the fourth of February of 2014 and I'm still waiting to add albums to a collection... What the heck is the hold-up? It seems like the Beta cycle is two years long? To me, this was the only annoying aspect of Spotify and why I was on Rdio for over a year.

Let's get this going!

The collection beta was announced in October last year, which I make four months not two years. I'm pretty sure you would find an unfinished feature a lot more annoying.

The collection feature was announced in December 2012 (!). More than a year later it still isn't here. That's just embarrassing in my opinion.

Joe,

The collection was actually announced back in December of 2012, which was why I am questioning the beta life-cycle in my posting. The elephant in the room on this topic, is the lack of this feature from day one. There is a reason why everyone else, MOG (now Beats Music) and Rdio have this feature, because it makes sense. Remember compact disks? The very point of buying CD's was to build a “collection” of albums, it's very natural an instinctual to collect crap. Everyone collects and music albums is not a different paradigm. Playlists work well for individual songs, but having to add entire albums to a playlist defies logic.

I agree with you that it should be executed well, but like I said, the real question is not when, but why.

Marked as solution

Mr Ek was probably out of order mentioning something which wasn't even on the developers' agenda and I guess that's why Spotify generally never gives out timescales etc. But at least you know that Collection is in Beta testing so that must give you some hope 🙂

Suggested posts