Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify tablet streaming does not work

Solved!

New Spotify tablet streaming does not work

Just saw the recent anouncement of streaming to tablets, this does not work for me. Get the message 'Spotify Premium is required for on demand streaming' same with Radio, Playlists, Discover, Browse.

UK, Unlimited account, Nexus 7 Tablet.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify are aware of some issues with the new Free service on mobile - stay tuned its being worked on!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify are aware of some issues with the new Free service on mobile - stay tuned its being worked on!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am also an Unlimited user.  I am in the USA and able to now play my current playlists and radio through the tablet.  The mobile still does not allow streaming playlists.  On Demand still remains a Premium feature.  What I am going to do now is create Playlists on my desktop version so I can play them on the Tablet.  Hopefully this feature will soon come to mobile phones but have read it is a licensing issue on mobile phones.  I imagine tablets are regarded similar to laptops/pcs whereas mobile phones you could access the music in more places.

I hope as we move forward that they will allow more features for mobile users.  I am a heavy user of various services and like Spotify. 

Suggested posts