Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'New releases' category showing only 2 albums

'New releases' category showing only 2 albums

Plan

Premium

Country

Croatia

Device

Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Version 8.5.66.1002 of app installed. When I go to 'Search > New Releases > New albums & singles' the section only shows 2 albums and I can't scroll further to see more albums and singles that were recently released. This was my favourite feature for keeping up with new releases. Why can'tI see more than 2 albums in that section? I tried deleting app data, app cache, reinstalling the app, logging in and out of the app and restarting my phone. Nothing helped. I was also in the beta program and I thought that was the problem so I exited the beta program and I still have that issue. Screenshot provided below.

Screenshot_20200715-092006.png

8 Replies

Looks like the issue is also present in the latest version of the Microsoft Store edition of Spotify, v1.1.37.690.g8f3b16fc

Screenshot below

Capture.PNG

I have a similar problem, but worst: there are NO albums in the New Releases section on my account. I say 'my account' because I have the same problem on the iOS app, on the macOS app, and on the Spotify web player.

Really annoying, especially as I want to discover new albums on a daily basis.

Why isn't anyone from Spotify Support handling this?

Still. Not. Solved. **bleep**

oh myy god this still hasn't been fixed like what the heck is the issue?!!?!?!?!?!

Hey @TimeAmpala and @theShaiHulud,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here. Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

If the New Releases section is not updating correctly,  we recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if the issue persists when connected to a different internet network or when logged in another account? We'd appreciate it if you could also include the exact Spotify version you're running.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

None of these steps helped before. We both went through all the step, as stated here and in the other thread. Nothing helped.

Can you help us, or will this go unresolved for another couple of month, before a NEW person comes in these threads again, and suggests we start all over by logging out and clearing out our cache, for the millionth time?

Hey Mihail, as I’ve explained about a dozen times to all your colleagues in previous replies that you didn't care to read, it’s not a device related issue because I’ve already followed your instructions to the T and the issue persists. When I created an alternate account with country set to Croatia, the same issue happenned. I’m pretty sure most accounts with country set to Croatia have the same issue. When I turned on my VPN and switched the account’s country to USA, the New releases > New albums & singles section fixed itself IMMEDIATELY, without having to log out and back in again. I then created another alternate account to check this and it confirmed that the issue appears only when my country is set to Croatia or any of the Balkan region countries that recently got access to Spotify.

PLEASE, PLEASE read previous replies before giving one of your generic suggestions straight out of presaved drafts, I’m tired of correcting your wrong assumptions and suggestions as if it’s not your job to be more familiar with your platform’s issues than I am.

Like I said it’s a country issue that’s not allowing for that section to appear and work correctly, which makes no sense since the new music is showing EVERYWHERE ELSE on Spotify except in that section for some silly reason.

Suggested posts