Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Solved!

New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

This is concerning premium users mostly, however I am sure that there are free users that relied on this feature too. 

Alongside the new update, which changed the library UI in Android app, one of the most useful features disappeared: browsing saved songs by artists. Artist bookmark now lists only artists that you observe instead of listing all that you have saved songs of, and while clicking on artist now their online full page will appear instead of the list of saved songs sorted by albums. This is extremely infuriating for people like me, who kept their all offline music in library instead of playlists and have multitude of artists they do listen to. Now I cannot listen to my chosen tracks of one artist without reffering to self created playlist as Artists bookmark will lead me to their full page. Moreover, I cannot browse by artists AT ALL in offline mode as those full pages are purely online thing. They even deleted my Albums section, as Albums bookmark now lists only albums which are saved as a whole and do not list partially saved ones. I will not create 150 playlist for all of my Artists so if Spotify will not bring the feature back, I will have to consider withdrawing from subscription. Because why would I need and offline music app which I cannot use in offline mode in any usable way? 

123 Replies

This update has finally gotten me to cancel my Premium membership of 4+ years. I will be trying out Amazon Music Unlimited now.

Agreed. The person than suggested this change should be fired along with the one that approved it. I'm switching to Amazon Music and I hate their format, just not as much as the new Spotify.

I will also be moving to another service. I used to love Spotify but now I can't even figure out how to use it on my phone. Absolutely terrible interface, and how many months without a fix? Shame!
Marked as solution

Hey all,

It's now possible to view all saved songs by a certain Artist within the Artist section. You'll see the amount of songs listed under each Artist icon. You can also 'save' an Artist without saving any songs. This can be done by following the Artist.

We will be closing this topic. If you have any feedback for us, be sure to check out the Ideas Exchange here.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Suggested posts