New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

ABCDE1973
Music Fan

Can you tell all of us how you backdated your Android version. I want/need to do that too.

Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

DustlessSoul
Casual Listener
@ABCDE1973

" It's like going to a restaurant..."

Yes, and when you look over at the other tables (those who haven't been
smacked with this so-called update) you see people getting what they want
while you pay the same for a lesser product.
Highlighted

ABCDE1973
Music Fan
  • Ha ha, I hadn't thought of it quite like that.
Highlighted

ahvg

Same problem, but my main issue is the barely usefull recently play thing in home. In the old version I could just scroll through it, and it used to be a longer list of albums/playlist. The old library page is way better.

Highlighted

Jonathanflores1

Where did you receive the apk

Highlighted

Heyjerry
Regular

To explain the .apk download...

Go to www.uptodown.com and search through the apps to find spotify under the android section. It will list all previous versions available to download via .apk file on android devices. I think i downloaded a version from february 2nd... You can also do this with mac os, windows, iphone, etc. It will prompt you to download the .apk and you might need to enable a setting called something like "allow unknown source downloads" or something like that in android settings.

Do yourself the favor of uninstalling spotify before you download the new one to prevent any corruption issues. I have not had any trouble with it, but you never know, always good to play it safe. 

The new(old) version will now have all your data just as it was before this cancer of an update happened. 

*****TO BE NOTED******

My "Discover Weekly" playlist has not updated since I've installed this version. This is the ONLY bug i have run into. Otherwise it is running in tip top shape.

Also,

Thanks everyone for your outrage, it pleases me to see that i was not the only one mad about this.

Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

Can't say i agree with the .apk file to go back to an earlier date.

I just refuse to pay for Spotify  to **bleep** me up the a.s.s.

If you want to show them how much they messed up and want them to fix it, you need to get them by the wallet.

All you are doing is supporting it.

Highlighted

Danaragona
Casual Listener

Has there been any update to getting this feature back?

Highlighted

doctorrobert
Casual Listener

There has been no updates. In fact spotify hasn't addressed it directly at all. There's an ' live idea' to vote on that spotify hasn't included in any monthy roundup nor has commented on. The update is still filtering out to people. Considering how much media attention the dumb shuffle button UI tweak got,  I'm shocked this hasn't gotten no attention even though it completely recreates the library.. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idc-p/4767289#M...

Highlighted

ANARCHYTOORDER
Casual Listener

so funny immediately thought the exact same thing, its so blatantly clear because of how moronic this was set up, that it clearly had to have an alterior motive, very clearly trying to boost artist following over user experience

SUGGESTED POSTS