New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

zdubzz
Visitor

I will drop Spotify if this is not corrected.  I might as well use Pandora if the artist tab no longer functions how it needs to.

Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

kitr

This isn't just mobile, my saved artists list is gone from my desktop too! 

"And from now on, Your Library should contain any artists that you follow. Saving an album or song won’t automatically save the artist, so be sure to follow them in the future!"

The problem is that when yuou click a "followed" artist you aren't taken to your library, you go to the artist's Spotify page and when you click PLAY, it plays every song the artist has recorded, not just your saved songs.  I can't think of a single artist that I have saved all their songs.  Before this change I could click the artist and play and only the songs I had saved. An added bonus is, that on my andriod, the songs I have saved, are played twice in a row!

"Also, the saved Stations section has been removed from Your Library, but you can still start a Radio from any artist, album, or song. From there, Radios can be followed which’ll save them into your Playlists"

ohhhh, I see, to hear just the songs I like of a particular artist I just have to make a playlist.  Oh goody, 300 playlist!  I do not understand why spotify thinks this is an improvement.

Highlighted

doctorrobert
Casual Listener

Has there been any update to this? I'm pretty shocked that changing up the stupid  repeat button got real press, but this  fundamental redesign hasn't gotten any notice as far as I can tell. It's essentially deleted our entire libraries and there still hasn't been an offiical response by Spotify or anyone. 

Highlighted

juliawarren95

Spotify, please rectify or I will take my money elsewhere.

Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

Link to a vote on the forums to change it back. This is a major problem and it needs more votes. 

Highlighted

Jacuzzi510
Regular

Has there been any word about this?  My wife and coworkers don't have this terrible updated.  This update is terrible and I stopped paying for Spotify because of it. 

Artist tab UI.jpg
Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

The update is still rolling out. I got it a month ago and decided to wait until right before next payment to cancel incase they revert it back in that time. Cancelled yesterday and switched to apple music. I refuse to pay for such a terrible service that spotify gives now. Before i was recommending them to people, now i am warning people to stay away from it. Such a sad way to go from the best music app around to by far the worst in one update. 

Highlighted

Jacuzzi510
Regular

Seriously,  I just cancelled mine and now I am telling people how bad it is, warning them of there terrible UI futures.  

Highlighted

DustlessSoul
Casual Listener

"saving an album won’t automatically save the songs within that album ... Saving an album or song won’t automatically save the artist" ... SHEER IDIOCY!

This seems like a clue to why they are doing this  ---->  "so be sure to follow them in the future!"    

Some numbskull in marketing must believe there is a difference between a) liking an artist enough to save their work and b) "following" them.   Instead of just working with the data they have, they are trying to manipulate users into creating seemingly different data points. 

My suggestion:  Unfollow every artists.

Highlighted

TedChmura
Casual Listener

Oh boy am I glad I found this posting.  While I'm NOT happy that so many of you are suffering, I AM happy to know that I'm not the only one feeling like Spotify totally blew it !!

There seem to be 2 VERY VERY important things that I can no longer do after the recent update to the Android App:

1.  I can't browse to an Artist that I have downloaded/liked songs for, and see those songs and then play those songs.

2. I can't even restrict a search to the songs that are IN my Library !!!  For example, I have ONE song downloaded/saved from the artist BT.  If I use the search function, it shows me BT's "most popular" songs, tour dates, and a bunch of other **bleep** I don't care about.  I just want to pull up that song by BT and it seems the only way I can do it is by scrolling through a playlist of 600 songs looking for the one by BT?  

Ya - this is now so bad that if these couple of capabilities - WHICH WERE ALREADY THERE - aren't put back, I'm going to need to cancel.

Thanks,

Ted

SUGGESTED POSTS