New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

roblikesmusic
Music Fan

@Deadjim, yep it's completely **bleep**; desktop version is basically worthless to me.

It's funny, because I'm actually using the same method as you but in reverse: I rolled back my Android version and need to use that to play individual artists on desktop.

It's an absolute joke.

Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Deadjim
Roadie

@Roblikesmusic I managed to stop the update on my old phone that i use for running with. So it looks like im going to have to use my old phone to set up my music on my desktop and my current phone. If forcing people to do stuff like that to get the same functions they use to have doesnt tell them that they **bleep**ed up, nothing will....

Highlighted

oarfish
Regular

The only thing I can think of is "what the **bleep**". This is completely insane and user-hostile. You just made app completely worthless to me.

Highlighted

Heyjerry
Regular

Roblikesmusic 

The uptodown download worked for me on my android and I'm happy as a clam about it. However I'm still **bleep** about spotify's update and they need to change it back. 

Also however, 

On the windows version, deadjim, I believe you can turn off automatic updates. I could be mistaken, but with mine I have to manually update it when it says there is one to do.

Highlighted

Jath095
Visitor

I agree, the new Spotify UI is absolutely terrible in my opinion. I used Prime Music for over two years and was happy with everything.
I got Spotify Premium only because their offer is bigger but after a few days my library changed magically and i am no longer able to hear music in the way I like it; all my favorite songs sorted by artists.
I totally regret my decision of switching music streaming plattforms and am considering to go back to amazon.

Highlighted

jpandino
Regular

I recently joined the premium service and I'm very disappointed myself on these recent changes. I'm sure thinking of going to another service.

Highlighted

dclphinecormicr

@Mantisentil wrote:

You're probably wondering where'd your saved songs go. Don't worry, your saved songs will now appear in a playlist called Favorite Songs. From now on, saving an album won’t automatically save the songs within that album, so be sure to save the songs you want to keep!

Yeah, just two things to say about this. First, how do I exactly easily filter through over 3000 songs to listen just to ONE artist, huh? Secondly, why on EARTH would I want to save an album if it isn't to save the songs within it? Like c'mon it doesn't make ANY sense. I'm sorry if I sound way too aggressive but man the thing worked so well, why did you have to ruin it? IF IT ISN'T BROKEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T FIX IT. Super upset that my listening experience got royally **bleep** over. And the worst thing is that I pay for it.

Highlighted

robkop77
Casual Listener

I also downloaded an older version but how do I turn off auto update on my S8 (Android).. thanks!

Edit: I went into the Play Store and unticked the auto update box.. should do the trick?

Highlighted

jpandino
Regular

It should do the trick.

Highlighted

jpandino
Regular

Head here  and vote to bring back the old UI. The more votes the better so give the link to the voting page to everyone you know who wants the old UI back. 

SUGGESTED POSTS