New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Pedrodx22
Visitor

Worst ui update ever. Please bring back old design or I will leave spotify.

Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

doctorrobert
Casual Listener

How on earth can you be a music library app without the ability to select by artist???? If there is no filter tree then its only good for streaming premade playlists, individual songs found via search, and maaaaybe albums. This is absolute trash. I've backdated my andorid version, but at least give those of us who don't care for Spotify's turn to become a glorified (but somehow still feature poor) podcast app a way to export the artist and song lists we've curated over YEARS so we can get on to a service that cares the least bit a out actually listening to a music collection. 

Highlighted

twigleg2
Music Fan

Agreed.  I used other music services for months before switching to Spotify.  I'm prepared to go back.

Highlighted

mrdudethedude
Casual Listener

Yea, this update functionally ruins the app. If they don't give us that feature back, I'm saying goodbye to spotify for sure. If I'm paying money for a music subscription, I expect to be able to sort my saved library by artist. This is ridiculously stupid.

Highlighted

rachashjohnx
Visitor

This update is AWFUL! The app updated when I changed my phone and now I'm wondering whether it's worth sticking with spotify or trying to find another music app. I'm not paying money for an app that I am unable to use because its layout is not user-friendly and I have to go through each artist I've ever listened to and save songs and albums I had already saved over months of using the app! Spotify really needs to re-think this new update, because no-one wants this new update when the older version was so much easier to use! 

Highlighted

mrdudethedude
Casual Listener

I built that library up over years and now I can't easily find any of it. I am so dissapointed in this company right now. Maybe it is time to move on to the next big music app.

Highlighted

TheBod

Created a community account just to say that I completely agree with everyones comments.

I almost solely listen to albums. If I can't easily open up a music app, go to an artist, and see the albums by them that I have saved to play them, it is not a proper music app.

If this change is not reverted I will be moving to a different music subscription.

Highlighted

krim8
Visitor

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!! I ONLY listen to my songs via "songs" in "my library". I hit shuffle and let it do its thing. I am constantly downloading new songs and having to save them into a playlist as I do this is going to to painful!! If this doesnt get changed back or have some function where I can look at all of my songs, I will be finding another app and cancelling my subscription... its a shame.. I have come to enjoy Spotify.. 

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one going thru this, everyone!

Highlighted

Jseifert21
Casual Listener

Unbelievable. How am I supposed to view artists on a flight with no internet? I have been an avid user and supporter of spotify for many years, and recommend it to everyone, not after this update! If the changes are not reverted I will be taking my subscription elsewhere. Ridiculous!

Highlighted

Jacuzzi510
Regular
  • You didn't help really lol.  The update is clearly designed to get artist more followers at the expense of user experience.  Everyone sorts songs by artist, not by a favorite songs playlist that doesnt include albums...
SUGGESTED POSTS