Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy Watch - Family Plan asking to change to Premium

I Want to use the Galaxy Watch app, but everything says I need to change to the premium plan. But I've already got the family plan. Why I can't use the app full featured with the family plan?PlanFamilyCountryBrazilDeviceAndroid / Galaxy WatchOperatin...

• Visitor
  • I Want to use the Galaxy Watch app, but everything says I need to change to the premium plan. But I've already got the family plan. Why I can't use the app full featured with the family plan? Plan...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Family Plan
    Galaxy Watch
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app has become unusable

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLG V30Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueEver since the latest update, the app has become virtually unusable. it's extremely slow despite my internet being at full strength and its not my device. all other ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device LG V30 Operating System Android Oreo    My Question or Issue Ever since the latest update, the app has become virtually unusable. it's extr...
  • Nord293
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 5 likes

Liked Songs Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSince the update that turned "liked songs" into a playlist, I have experienced several issues and displeasures with new software features. 1) Full albums that ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Since the update that turned "liked songs" into a playlist, I have experienced seve...
  • padib
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stranger Things mode

I have the latest android version with premium Spotify account, but I don't have any option to enable/disable the Stranger Things Mode in the app. Is this mode still working? Thanks for the answers.

• Casual Listener
  • I have the latest android version with premium Spotify account, but I don't have any option to enable/disable the Stranger Things Mode in the app. Is this mode still working?   Thanks for the ...
  • LaczkoIstvan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle turns off when picking new song

PlanPremiumDevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueIf shuffle is turned on either through the "Shuffle All" button or by using the option on the current song, then I select another song to play manually from within the same play...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue If shuffle is turned on either through the "Shuffle All" button or by using the option on the curren...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Storage on SD on version 8.5.13.637

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Galaxy 7Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueYou used to be able to select where you wanted music to be downloaded in the settings of the app. This option is no longer there. I don't want 9 GB of music on ...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue You used to be able to select where you wanted music to be downloaded in the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Why are songs I own and added to Spotify being deleted from playlists?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy Android PhoneMy Question or IssueI have an album that I bought on Amazon and downloaded to both my laptop and my phone. I then added the songs to some of my playlists. A few days ago, one of those s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy Android Phone My Question or Issue I have an album that I bought on Amazon and downloaded to both my laptop and my phone. I then added ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Turns of automaticlly.

Hello everyone,,,PlanPremiumCountry DeviceHuawei Mate 20 liteOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen I start a song it plays and then I go on apps like Instagram and Snapchat or Internet and then sometimes the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,,, Plan Premium Country   Device Huawei Mate 20 lite Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)    My Question or Issue When I start a song...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify app is awful.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicemotorola g7 powerOperating Systemandroid My Question or IssueI'm a long time fan of Spotify, been using the app for years and been premium for around 3 years. It used to be an incredible app, great for organising playlists a...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device motorola g7 power Operating System android   My Question or Issue I'm a long time fan of Spotify, been using the app for years and been premium for aroun...
  • 0 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 20 likes

Problem with Galaxy watch app (standalone)

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceGalaxy Watch LTE When playing all songs on shuffle, it will play the first second of a song, and then reshuffle. Play a song, start to play another, reshuffle. So I have to listen to the first second of a song between ever...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Galaxy Watch LTE   When playing all songs on shuffle, it will play the first second of a song, and then reshuffle. Play a song, start to play another, res...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify play other people's playlists with the same name as mine.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHuawei and Amazon EchoOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhenever I use voice commands to play a playlist on my Android phone or Amazon Echo devices often someone else's Spotify playlist with the same name plays rat...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Huawei and Amazon Echo Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Whenever I use voice commands to play a playlist on my Android phone or Amazon Ech...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant crossfade

Plan Family PremiumCountryUSADeviceS10+Operating System Android My Question or IssueI can no longer cross fade? Greyed out? Not sure why?

• Visitor
  • Plan  Family Premium Country USA Device S10+ Operating System  Android   My Question or Issue I can no longer cross fade? Greyed out? Not sure why?
  • chrismurray
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No crossfade
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't shut spotify off

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevice(Samsung Galaxy s10)Operating System(Android version 9) LED-cover My Question or IssueHi!My Samsung Galaxy s10, with Samsung LED cover, shows a play/pause button on the cover and has done so for my 2 latest phones+led-co...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device (Samsung Galaxy s10) Operating System (Android version 9) LED-cover   My Question or Issue Hi! My Samsung Galaxy s10, with Samsung LED cover, shows ...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My "x" button in my notification bar disappeared

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevice(Samsung Galaxy s10)Operating System(Android version 9) My Question or IssueHi!I used to have an "x" button on the spotify app, in the notification bar, when i used the app. It randomly disappeared. Is it bcs of some set...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device (Samsung Galaxy s10) Operating System (Android version 9)   My Question or Issue Hi! I used to have an "x" button on the spotify app, in the notific...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Waze Notification won't dismiss

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceXiaomi mi9Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueHello, I have a constant notification for Waze in my Android and I can't even dismiss, just like there's some kind of foreground service running.. also I keep ge...

•   Plan Premium Country France  Device Xiaomi mi9 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a constant notification for Waze in my Android and I can't...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes on startup

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceGoogle Pixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid Q My Question or IssueSpotify crashes on startup. I literally just press the icon, it shows the Spotify logo and when it is starting to show the home it crashes.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device Google Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android Q   My Question or Issue Spotify crashes on startup. I literally just press the icon, it shows the Spotify ...
  • MartinB42
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Lyrics for every song??

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceLenovo k6 powerOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueDoes every song have lyrics or is it limited to few songs? Or does having premium account unlocks it? I was listening to few songs only some of them have lyrics whil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India Device Lenovo k6 power Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Does every song have lyrics or is it limited to few songs? Or does having premium account...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad sound with Moto G6 Play and JBL Bluetooth

My Question or IssueI own a Moto G6 Play purchased in 2019 and updated to the maximum in conjunction with JBL T500BT handset purchased in 2018.Before the Moto G6, I had a Moto G5 that worked perfectly with Spotify, at the same time by the way I used ...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue I own a Moto G6 Play purchased in 2019 and updated to the maximum in conjunction with JBL T500BT handset purchased in 2018. Before the Moto G6, I had a Moto G5 that worked perf...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No songs category

PlanPremiumDeviceXiaomi mi a2 liteOperating SystemAndroid 9Spotify version8.5.3.716 My Question or IssueAfter one update in March I'm not able to play all my songs in random as I often used to do. In fact, the "all songs" category doesn't exist anymo...

•   Plan Premium Device Xiaomi mi a2 lite Operating System Android 9 Spotify version 8.5.3.716     My Question or Issue After one update in March I'm not able to play all my ...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes