Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant download songs on my device.

Been using android. My device cannot download songs. Why? I tried to remove all devices already but I still could not download it.

• Visitor
  • Been using android. My device cannot download songs. Why? I tried to remove all devices already but I still could not download it. 
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App not working following restart

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHonor 9 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 92 My Question or IssueFollowing a restart of my phone I attempted to launch Spotify, it then asked me to log in with username/password (unusual as it wouldn't normally do so) which I did....

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Honor 9 Lite Operating System Android 92   My Question or Issue Following a restart of my phone I attempted to launch Spotify, it then asked me t...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 9
    App closing
    App doesn’t work
    log
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Night mode not displaying when sharing to Facebook Messenger

Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android P My Question or Issue When I share via Facebook Messenger, the select contact page that comes up shows the old Messenger design. This doesn't happen with any oth...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android P   My Question or Issue When I share via Facebook Messenger, the select contact page ...
  • Greigybear
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't pause music when the phone's locked

Hi, I'm having issues with Spotify. Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+OS: Android 9So this kinda topic has already been opened, and it's now also in the FAQ. And the answer is "Just reinstall the app." Geee thanks. Though I wouldn't blame you if it worked f...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having issues with Spotify.   Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+ OS: Android 9 So this kinda topic has already been opened, and it's now also in the FAQ. And the answer is "Just reinstall t...
  • SpeedRunHunter
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • pause
    Reporting an issue
    Spotify won't pause
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The new update is a confusing mess

This update, and the concept of the Liked Songs playlist is a mess. The most basic feature in any music player - shuffle all songs - seems to be impossible now. The concept of simply saving songs to your library? Out the window. The way things are se...

• ...o?    What problem is this update solving? What was broken about the library system that needed these changes? I don't think you're ready for the general public's reaction to this update......
  • smiff1985
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 52 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 52 likes

Widget removal explanation?

It's been over two weeks since you removed the widget and linked to a post supposed to explain why, but all it contained was a short messege that said that the widget had been retired. So I was wondering if the people you have working costumer relati...

• Casual Listener
  • It's been over two weeks since you removed the widget and linked to a post supposed to explain why, but all it contained was a short messege that said that the widget had been retired. So I was wonde...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Explanation
    Removal
    Widget
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Android Local Files - Only Some of them transfer

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWin 10 / Android Alright, so when I attempt to copy local files from my PC to my phone, only some of them transfer. I have ensured that these files are mp3s. I have been able to transfer these exact files in the past (my sd...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Win 10 / Android   Alright, so when I attempt to copy local files from my PC to my phone, only some of them transfer. I have ensured that these files are mp3s....
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

6 track skips limitation doesn't work

PlanFreeCountryUAE Device(Xiaomi red me note4)Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or IssueHaving installed application, limitation would have been working untill I go for specific artist or song search. Would I use daily mix or anything from home a...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country UAE   Device (Xiaomi red me note4) Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue Having installed application, limitation would have been working un...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • skips
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback stopping

So, up until this weekend my Spotify was working fine. Then Sunday night it suddenly stops playing when the phone locks... will continue to play after phone locks for roughly 30 seconds and then stops but will resume the minute i reactivate the scree...

• Visitor
  • So, up until this weekend my Spotify was working fine. Then Sunday night it suddenly stops playing when the phone locks... will continue to play after phone locks for roughly 30 seconds and then stop...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The spotify home screen is blank

PlanFreeCountryU.SDevice(SAMSUNG J7 pop)Operating System(Android 7.0 Nougat with SamsungExperience 8.1 Upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie with One UI ) My Question or IssueWhen I open spotify the home screen is blank. I've tired uninstalling and reinstall...

•   Plan Free Country U.S Device (SAMSUNG J7 pop) Operating System (Android 7.0 Nougat with SamsungExperience 8.1 Upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie with One UI )   My Question or I...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Randomly pausing on Android

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSpotify playback (both music and podcasts) randomly pauses (roughly every 15 mins). It shows as still playing in the mini-window I can drag down from my notificatio...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Spotify playback (both music and podcasts) randomly pauses (roughly every 15 mins).&nbsp...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Previous track button stops working randomly

PlanPremium (Student)CountryIndia DeviceMoto One PowerOperating SystemAndroid Pie (running the latest update) I cannot go to the previous track using media control buttons on neither my Boult Audio Tru5ive nor my Sennheiser CX-275s. I am able to play...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium (Student) Country India   Device Moto One Power Operating System Android Pie (running the latest update)   I cannot go to the previous track using media control butto...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bluetooth headphones
    Bluetooth play-pause button not working
    Bluetooth problems
    media control
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird "search playlist" crash

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei Mate 9 Operating AndroidMy Question or IssueFor some reason the app crashes when I type in "9," (because I looking for the song 9,000 miles by Pendulum). So I thought i report this weird bug to you.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Mate 9  Operating  Android My Question or Issue For some reason the app crashes when I type in "9," (because I looking for the song 9,000...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

next song of my playlist jumped randomly. shuffle is off.

PlanPremiumCountryDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issueshuffle is off but the song after one jumps randomly to another. it doesnt fixed yet its goes on an...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue shuffle is off but t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot start sync download on cellular, had tried a lot

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceOppo R9SOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI just bought an album and wanted to add them into my Spotify playlist.I've added them into the PC's playlist and now should only be needed to turn on my phone and start th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Oppo R9S Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I just bought an album and wanted to add them into my Spotify playlist. I've added them into th...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random songs based on what I have in my playlist being added to my playlist?

Ok so I know this is a topic before, but all the mods gave were**bleep** answers. I want to know how to disable the "We added these song to your playlist". I have a playlist with just one song in it so I can listen to it over and over (Panama by Van ...

• Visitor
  • Ok so I know this is a topic before, but all the mods gave were**bleep** answers. I want to know how to disable the "We added these song to your playlist". I have a playlist with just one song in it ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Albums/Playlists Never Load on Android

PlanFamily Premium CountryIreland DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 Operating SystemAndroid 9 Pie My Question or IssueSince Monday 19th August, Spotify on my phone has been unusable. The app loads the home page, and search results, and even the contents of art...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium   Country Ireland   Device Samsung Galaxy S8   Operating System Android 9 Pie   My Question or Issue Since Monday 19th August, Spotify on my phone...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    app issue
    forever loading
    not loading
    won't play music
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists too big

on my other account the size is normal and on this account they're bigger and its annoying

• Visitor
  • on my other account the size is normal and on this account they're bigger and its annoying  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't pause songs into android app

Plan: PremiumDevice: Samsung Galaxy 10Operating System: AndroidApp version: 8.5.20.857 Just some weeks ago when I try to pause a song into the app, it start again after few seconds.I tried cleanning the cache and also reinstslling the app....and noth...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Device: Samsung Galaxy 10 Operating System: Android App version: 8.5.20.857   Just some weeks ago when I try to pause a song into the app, it start again after few seconds. ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing the Widget

PlanPremium Operating SystemAndroid My IssueRemoving the widget was a very bad idea. It was so usefull. Now i have to startup Spotify first, no lockscreen control... that realy sucks.If it dosn't come back i'll switch to Deezer.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium     Operating System Android    My Issue Removing the widget was a very bad idea. It was so usefull. Now i have to startup Spotify first, no lockscreen contro...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android widget
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes