New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

roblikesmusic
Music Fan

@Mantisentil You cannot be serious. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea. Since when is REMOVING user choice from an app beneficial to the user?

You really think that forcing us to use a single playlist of all our saved songs with potentially thousands of tracks across different genres and moods is a better idea than letting us curate our own playlists and choose to listen to only saved songs for a specific artist, if that's what we want?

What is WRONG with the devs at Spotify. Every year they butcher the app more, removing more and more features, (all while basic functionality of the app, hello endless loading wheel, is still present and annoying as ever) and while they're slapping PAYING CUSTOMERS in the face they expect us to believe it's for our own good?

Thank God I was able to rollback to an old version on Android, but it seems that might not be an option on Windows so now Spotify, the service I am PAYING MONEY FOR EVERY MONTH, is essentially useless to me on PC.

Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

warrickwood
Visitor

I agree with all of the posts here.  This needs to be reverted urgently or I will be cancelling my subscription.  It is way too difficult to find songs.

Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

I saw that people actually did get the "Favourites" playlist. Can you show me a screenshot of your playlist tab? I didn't get that playlist and am not sure if it's a bug or not. So i can only listen to my music by album. The other choice i have is to go one by one for each of my 2000 songs and manually create that playlist. It wont let me add music on mass into playlist or even by album. Thank god the desktop app is still normal so i could do it from there. 

And i also have massive issues with the artist changes. I should not have to set up what i am about to listen to on my desktop computer then change the playback device to my phone so i can listen the way i always have

spotify broken screenshot.png
Highlighted

Heyjerry
Regular

How did you roll it it back??????

Highlighted

RU_Randy_IAM

Until today I've never been so frustrated with an update that I felt the need to post to the forums.  As others have said I'll be exploring other services if this update remains in place. 

Highlighted

Heyjerry
Regular

The "favorite songs" tab is only on the pc version of spotify. The same folder on an android is "liked songs". Im not sure about iphone but i would imagine its similar 

Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

Ah ok. Thanks for that, heyjerry. That one response was more helpful then a full day emailing support about it. So they want me to go through one song at a time and liking each song, 2000 times....to get the same fuction going as what i had before this update? 

I do not understand the mind of someone who came up with this update :S None of it makes any sense. Just makes it 10000x harder and time consuming.

Highlighted

Heyjerry
Regular

https://reddit.app.link/egxj8UcHTU

Try this reddit, it explains everything in great detail. There are plenty more people **bleep** off about this. 

Highlighted

roblikesmusic
Music Fan

To roll back the update on Android you can go to a site called uptodown: just Google 'old Spotify versions' and it should be the first result. Other sites may also have previous versions but this one worked for me. All the versions are dated, so you'll probably wanna go back to the last version of 2018 to get an actual decent version of the app back, and don't forget to disable auto-updates on apps.

The problem is this will only work on Android (possibly also iPhone) as Spotify forces you to update on desktop and, last I checked, there is no longer a way to block the update.

My desktop version updated this morning when I switched my PC back on so now it's functionally useless once again, especially because I don't even have the stupid 'Favourite/Liked Songs' playlist.

Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

Hey Roblikes music. You said your PC spotify app updated? So is it like the android app now? If so, i would be completely **bleep**ed when it comes through on mine. I have been setting up what i want to listen to on my desktop, then changing the playback device to my phone since it can no longer do any of that like it use to. 

SUGGESTED POSTS