New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

ABCDE1973
Music Fan

But nobody (other than Spotify) should have to be needing around with new versions.

Is anyone Spotify actually listening to anything we say, or reading this thread at all?

I don't think they are.

Highlighted

Re: New update deleted most useful feature of Android app - browsing saved tracks by Artists

Grassy_Gnoll

If I don't have my artists back, I'll go back to Google.

Highlighted

ashesthedawn

I am very upset I cannot access my saved songs by Artist anymore as well, which was the way I accessed all of my music outside of my playlists. 

However, as a workaround until Spotify figures out that this was a moronic sort option to remove for our saved songs, I have found that if you click the Artist heading on your SOngs sort list, it will alphabetically list your saved songs by Artist. So at least there's that as a temp workaround.

BRING BACK OUR BELOVED ARTIST SORT POR FAVOR 😞

Highlighted

Jacuzzi510
Regular
There has been no reply except spotify saying they constantly change their
interface to help streamline the app and make it user friendly. They aren't
rolling this back because it increase the number of people following
artists. This was a money move and they dont care what we think. I
cancelled spotify because of this update
Highlighted

momanem35
Regular

I didn't realize how much I relied on my artist list until it disappeared. Spotify is useless to me without it. Whole I do like the liked songs playlist, I would gladly trade it to have the artist list back. I've uninstalled Spotify for now and will use Google Music. I'll keep tabs on this discussion, and if they restore the list, I'll reinstall. In the meantime, after seeing what the newest version of Spotify looks like, my husband has made a note not to update it, because he thinks it's a bug that Spotify needs to patch.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I can with my update. I'm on Android if that makes a difference.

The Artist tab shows all of the artists that I'ved followed first and says how many songs I've saved by that artist. At the bottom is a list of recommended artist that says how many songs I've saved by those artist. I assume they're being recommend becaused I've saved a song by them in the first place—but I don't have to follow them (one hit wonders), but they still show up in the list, just not at the top.

See screen shot below.

When I click on an artist, I can see a list of all the songs I saved sorted by the albums they're from. I can play and shuffle all of the songs I've saved by that artist.

Screenshot_20190620-094034.jpg
Screenshot_20190620-094202.jpg
Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

@jodabu I dont have that on my artist page. All i have is an artist im forced to follow now. No saved songs under it. If i click on the artist, i get taken to their store page. It does not show my saved songs or albums anywhere on that page.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

@Deadjim, sorry to hear that. If that were the case for me then I'd complain too. The new layout didn't start for me until yesterday. I'm still exploring it. I definitely have the new update with the music and podcast tabs and Songs are now "Liked Songs." But I don't seem to have the spicific issues that a lot of you are havinging.

Maybe Spotify is doing some strange roll out where they roll out an update to a number of people, get feed back, roll out a slightly different version to others, etc. (that seem unlikly due to it being overly complex).

Highlighted

Deadjim
Roadie

@jodabu Iv had this UI since Febuary. They are rolling it out slowly. It seems they are towards the end of the rollout now since the forums have just exploded with angry people within the past few days.

They do not seem keen on fixing it or listening to feedback either. I had an issue where my liked songs playlist did not work. Would not show any music i have liked. It took them about 5 months to fix that. So 5 months with no way to see my music outside of albums.

I tried the UI for a month and switched to Apple Music. I want to use Spotify again, i really do. Thats why i am vocal on the forums for the UI to be fixed.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

This roll out is strange. You've had since Febuary, I just got it. The way mine works is slightly different than yours. Perhaps they are listening to some extent. In another post I did over a year ago on a completely different topic I mentioned that Spotify has poor communication and lack of transparency with how things are suppose to work.

I've been struggling myself with deciding between Deezer or Spotify. I like them both for different reasons and hate them both for different reasons. I'm using them both right now trying to decide.

One of the factors is use in the car (85% of my listening is in the car). I have an Android phone, so I use Android Auto. That takes Apple Music out of the equation since I can't use car play.

SUGGESTED POSTS