Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play controls are invisible on lock screen when no notifications are allowed

Plan PremiumCountryUK DevicePixel 3AOperating SystemAndroid 9 Hello, here's my issue: I don't want to see any notification on my lock screen, so I selected "Don't show notifications at all" under the lock screen preferences in my device settings.If I...

• Regular
  • Plan  Premium Country UK   Device Pixel 3A Operating System Android 9   Hello, here's my issue:   I don't want to see any notification on my lock screen, so I selected...
  • taiman
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't receive phone calls when using Spotify in my car

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesia DeviceREDMI K20 proOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhenever I use Spotify in my car and a call comes in, the music will stop for a second then continue playing. My ringtone didn't play and there was nothing o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia  Device REDMI K20 pro Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Whenever I use Spotify in my car and a call comes in, the music will stop fo...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't change the volume on my Xbox One

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceMicrosoft Xbox One, Samsung Galaxy J7 AndroidOperating SystemAndroid OS 7.1.1 My Question or IssueI can't change the volume from my Xbox one, even while listening to music on it. I can only change the volume from my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Microsoft Xbox One, Samsung Galaxy J7 Android Operating System Android OS 7.1.1   My Question or Issue I can't change the volume from my Xbox one...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ongoing Issues
    Xbox One
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution app waiting for download

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issueapp had started stopping through songs, crashing etc. I uninstalled it and now can't reinstall 'waiting for download'. Found out about clearing cache etc afte...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue app had started stopping through songs, crashing etc.  I uninsta...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

cannot download local files to my mobile device

PlanPremium/Family PlanCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemWindows 10Spotify VersionMobile: 8.5.21.754/Desktop 1.1.14.475.g566c8bebMy Question or IssueOkay so I am completely at my wit's end here. I have followed every instruction to th...

• Plan Premium/Family Plan Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Windows 10 Spotify Version Mobile: 8.5.21.754/Desktop 1.1.14.475.g566c8beb My Question or Issue Okay so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

download local files on offline mode

PlanPremiumDeviceHuawei P10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.0.0 hi everyonei've read this article https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/ about how to add your local files to pc and mobile devices but the probl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Huawei P10 Lite Operating System Android Oreo 8.0.0   hi everyone i've read this article https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/listen-to-loc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    local files
    Mobile
    offline mode
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Clock "Couldn't connect to Spotify"

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemAndroid Pie 9 My Question or IssueI cannot seem to get Spotify connected to my Google Clock app. I've tried restarting the phone, reinstalling Spotify and clearing the cache in between. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device OnePlus 6T Operating System Android Pie 9   My Question or Issue I cannot seem to get Spotify connected to my Google Clock app. I've tried re...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Connections
    Google Clock
    OnePlus 6t
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

New Update Storage problem

With the new Update, there is no way to configure an external Storage (sd card) in the app. The menu item it dissapear and you can only download the music in the internal storage of the mobile.

• Visitor
  • With the new Update, there is no way to configure an external Storage (sd card) in the app. The menu item it dissapear and you can only download the music in the internal storage of the mobile.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not playing downloaded playlists on my car stereo

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceEonon GA2178 Operating SystemAndriod 9My Question or IssueI have a car stereo that runs on android 9. I downloaded spotify on it and the app works fine most of the time. The issue I have is that it plays my downloaded playl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Eonon GA2178  Operating System Andriod 9 My Question or Issue I have a car stereo that runs on android 9. I downloaded spotify on it and the app works fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Android
    Offline playlists unavailable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Random play with daily mix

Hello, It has been a few week since I have got issues with daily mix. In fact, the songs just play randomly. I have been trying to stop it by going into the parameter without finding the double arrows. And even when I find it, it is gray and I can't ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  It has been a few week since I have got issues with daily mix. In fact, the songs just play randomly. I have been trying to stop it by going into the parameter without finding the doubl...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playlists are **bleep** and keep on changing order

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceAll My Question or IssueMy playlists keep changing order. All albums in my playlists are going back to front, and then the songs seem to play in a random order from said album. To fix, everytime I open the playlist if I've p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Uk Device All   My Question or Issue My playlists keep changing order. All albums in my playlists are going back to front, and then the songs seem to play in a rando...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • order
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Home album artwork is weird

PlanPremiumCountry Device Operating System My Question or IssueHome album artworks are too big! How to solve it?? Let me know the solution. Thanks.

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device   Operating System     My Question or Issue Home album artworks are too big! How to solve it?? Let me know the solution. Thanks.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Play on Spotify"

Why "play on spotify" button is not present on Instagram. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify and Instagram both.even I had sacrificed my downloads after resetting my phone. Although JioSaavn -a music streaming app in India is showing tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Why "play on spotify" button is not present on Instagram. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Spotify and Instagram both.even I had sacrificed my downloads after resetting my phone. Although JioS...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop after 30 seconds and move on to next song

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, ...
  • KatieA52
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't share to instagram story

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI can't share music to my instagram story and I've never had the option to. I am doing everything correctly, I have tried clearing cache and reinstalling both app...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I can't share music to my instagram story and I've never had the option to. I ...
  • Heartkinz17
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle persists beyond current playlist

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Moto G6) My Question or IssueI've recently noticed that shuffling a playlist essentially turns on shuffle for the whole app. So if I shuffle all my liked songs, and then decide to play an album(expecting it to play sequentia...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device (Moto G6)     My Question or Issue I've recently noticed that shuffling a playlist essentially turns on shuffle for the whole app. So if ...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing seems to work?

Android My Question or IssueMost things won't play at all, the one's that do play stop after 10 seconds. The web player won't load. I reinstalled, restarted phone etc. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Android   My Question or Issue Most things won't play at all, the one's that do play stop after 10 seconds. The web player won't load. I reinstalled, restarted phone etc. Any ideas?
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Note 10/ Frontier s3

Plan Premium swedenCountry swedenDeviceNote 10/Frontier s3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue cant download spotify from the store on the watch, i guess there is no support yet to get spotify to work on the Frontier s3 when its connectet to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan  Premium sweden Country   sweden Device Note 10/Frontier s3 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  cant download spotify from the store on the watch,...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

UI takes a long time to load when app is freshly opened

PlanPremium Family PlanCountryUSADevice(Samsung Galaxy 7)Operating System(Android Oreo) My Question or IssueWhen I open the spotify app on my phone and go to a playlist, I click on the 'dots' next to a song for 'more options', the menu screen doesn't...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Family Plan Country USA Device (Samsung Galaxy 7) Operating System (Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue When I open the spotify app on my phone and go to a p...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify keeps skipping or pausing songs on Samsung J3

My Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy J3 has recently started constantly pausing or skipping to random other songs in the playlist when I'm listening to it on the go. It seems to have gotten worse over the last few days, to the point that the app is co...

• My Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy J3 has recently started constantly pausing or skipping to random other songs in the playlist when I'm listening to it on the go. It seems to have gotten worse over...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes