Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Next Song Button not working properly on Lock Screen

Next Song Button not working properly on Lock Screen

Hi!

I've recently upgraded my cell phone to a Huawei P10 lite, and it's driving me nuts. Whenever the phone is in the lock screen and Spotify is running, the controls show up as normal. Play/pause button works. Previous song button works. But when I press the next song button, around 80% of the time it will NOT play the next song, just pause the current one as if I had pressed the pause button. Once the song is paused, the button suddenly works properly, I can usually switch to the next song and it starts playing right away, as usual.

I have a feeling like the next button is more likely to work properly on the first attempt the closer to the end of the current song I am, but even that doesn't always hold true.

This occurs with songs both streamed and downloaded, on playlists and random songs. I haven't done any troubleshooting so far because honestly, I don't know how to approach this. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
2 Replies

Hey. Have you tried reinstalling the app? It usually fixes little bugs like that. 🙂 

Thanks for your suggestion! I just tried that, but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. I'm guessing it's some... Incompatibility?... between Spotify and the Android version I'm using. Or something like that.

Suggested posts