Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Back Button on Android lock Screen? Why????

Solved!

No Back Button on Android lock Screen? Why????

Why does the Andriod app not have a  song 'Back' Button on the lock screen? Currently it only has a 'Forward' Button, which means if you want to repeat the last song on the go, you have to unlock your phone and use the widget to go back?

This is amazing stupid...I mean seriously? Can you please have a back button on the lock screen.

If I have missed something obvious, can someone please inlighten me?

Nexus 5

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not sure if this applies to all devices, but on my Galaxy S4, I can pull the widget down on the lock screen, and it expands to show larger album artwork and a back button. Have you tried this?

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I'm afraid you've missed nothing! It only has forwards! 

There is a work around depending on your phone (what do you have)? Where you can set your volume buttons to push songs forwards and backwards! Failing that, you can always put it forward to Spotify as a suggestion and they may implement it. As it happens, I can't imagine it would take a great deal of coding to make it happen, so yea, suggest it!

Marked as solution

I'm not sure if this applies to all devices, but on my Galaxy S4, I can pull the widget down on the lock screen, and it expands to show larger album artwork and a back button. Have you tried this?

Ikr. This is such a QoL-hinderer it's frustrating. I find it really underwhelming spotify has yet to fix this issue.

The guy above answered it. Drag the widget down and it expands

Hi,

I'm on a Nexus 6 with Marshmallow. When I try expanding the widget on the lock screen, I'm asked for my pin O_o. What can I do please? It's really annoying having to unlock the phone every time you want to rewind.

Thanks.

Try disabling device administrator (Spotify maybe) in security (settings of your phone)

Thanks for replying. I tried that just now but there's nothing active under this option. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

I have a nexus 6p with Android nougat. For me, on I just pulled down the notifications widget from my lockscreen and I clicked on the Spotify widget, and there's the widget with a rewind button.

I haven't gotten 7.0 yet. Let's hope this is fixed for Nexus 6 when the update arrives.

why did spotify remove the back button on my iphone?  i literally have to unlock my entire phone to replay a song.  how stupid of them to ruin a perfectly good app.  Apple music and Tidal it is.  

On the home screen you have to drag down on the Spotify icon first...this
reveals the back button
Nexus 5

No problem on my Samsung S7....

But I have another question for the community.

Is there the possibility to have the Spotify full screen widget on the Lock Screen?
On my previous Galaxy Note 2 I had this....

Screenshot_20161109-141233.png

Thanks in advance!

Felix

Felice Monteleone
Official MotoGP Photographer

im talking about on the lock screen when you're playing a playlist. the
back button has been replaced with three lines.

This is horrible. What an idiotic idea. Who the heck doesn't use the back button??? People who don't like music very much, that's who !!!

Spotify sucks sometimes.

Suggested posts