Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Hello. I changed my phone recently, I switched from the Xiaomi Note 11 Pro 5G to the actual one. Now it seems like Spotify won't connect to the Internet with activated WLAN Connection (Pictures), but it works with Mobile Connectionon. On the previous phone everything worked fine.

I tried:

-clearing cache

-reinstalling App

-installing older App Version

-connecting to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Line

-on a different Router at my parents house

none has worked so far. I don't have VPN, my APN is correct. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_2022-12-19-16-40-21-919_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-19-16-41-29-776_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-19-16-40-54-784_com.android.settings.jpg
9 Replies

Hey @Lobedar,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Great initial troubleshooting! Kudos for that. In this case, we'd like to know, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If so, remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again. Let us know how it goes.

Just to confirm, if you log in with another account, do you experience the same inconvenience? You can create a free test account to check.

Lastly, is the web player working in your affected device? It'd be awesome if you could check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello

I don't have a Slot for an external Micro SD. The WebPlayer works fine on WLAN, but I can't create a new account because it tells me "something went wrong, please try again later"

Hey @Lobedar,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared. 

We really appreciate you keeping us in the loop. To continue, make sure that Battery Optimization is disabled for Spotify and that the app has all permissions on your new phone.

On another note, we'd also recommend making sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps. Just to confirm, did you notice if this is happening when trying to use other apps? It'd be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, we understand you've already tried reinstalling the app on your device, but we'd like you to perform, if you haven't yet, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the Spotify app. You can find out the steps to do it here.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Hello

no Battery Optimization, all permissions given, cache deletion is off, tried it all, nothing. I have only troubles with Spotify, everything else works fine. I did a complete device reset and reinstalled all, still doesn't work.

Hey @Lobedar,

Thank you for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

We'd like you to try a few more things. Go to your Settings in the app and Log out from there directly. 

In the issue persists, try turning on Offline mode > restart your device > disable offline mode. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator

Hi

Nothing worked, still no connection.

Hey @Lobedar,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please also check under Apps - Manage apps - Spotify - Restrict data usage and make sure that both Wi-Fi and Mobile data are marked?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. Both are checked as you can see in the second picture. What I've noticed yesterday is, that when I click on sponsored links in the google search app, I get an error message "Connection Failed". But all the not sponsored Links below work fine. I get this message only whilst on WLAN, with Mobile Data I can click them without problems.

Hey @Lobedar,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to your phone's manufacturer for further help.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts