Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Internet connection when using mobile data

No Internet connection when using mobile data

Hello. I have searched the forum for solutions to this, but have found nothing that works to solve my issue.

Brief description of the issue:

My phone, an HTC One M7, running Android 5.0.2, cannot connect to spotify using mobile data (LTE, HSDPA, 3G, whatever). Connection via Wifi works alright. If I'm already logged in (via Facebook), it shows the message "no internet connection" in my native language (Polish) at the bottom of the screen. If I log out, I cannot log in if I'm using mobile data.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

Nothing to see here, it's simply that I cannot connect Spotify to the Internet and hence cannot play any music unless I'm on Wifi.

What steps you’ve tried already:

Tried the typical solution by uninstalling the app, clearing cache, deleting files (ok, didn't try this, as those folders listed here in the "spoiler" are nonexistent), reinstalling the app. Problem persists. Tried changing setting, checking APN, nothing. All other apps that use mobile data (e.g. Facebook) work perfect.

Your device and operating system (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 4, 5.1.1)

HTC One M7, Android 5.0.2.

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium):

Family.

The app version of Spotify you’re using:

Please help me. Thank you.

1 Reply

Usually run on wifi at home, it's having issues tonight, having huge problem with data + spotify
😞
Insomniac...... need tunes.......

Suggested posts