Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Stations on Android Auto

Solved!

No Stations on Android Auto

Just started using Spotify with Android Auto and cannot figure out how to get followed radio stations to appear in the AA menu. I can start song radio by selecting the ((o)) button just fine, but whenever I try to stream one of my "followed" stations, the list is either blank, or only shows "My Daily Mix" (or something like that, I'm not in the car right now). 

In any case, how can I get stations to show up in Android Auto?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This happens to me all the time. I generally need to "Force Stop" spotify on my phone prior to connecting the USB in my car in order to get my stations to appear. Very annoying. I'll try your method too and report back later...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Possibly Solved? It seems to be a Spotify issue and not an Andriod Auto issue. In any case, I noticed that, even just listening on my phone, the app would hang when searching fof "my stations" and onoly show a spinning circle forever. Closing and reopening the app solves that. And I have found that if I can successfully navigate to "My stations" on the app and exit the app directly from that screen before connecting AA, the stations will be available to me in the car. 

It's not really the way I expect it to work, but it is what it is.

Radio stations not working with android auto.
Will try to reinstall Spotify with full reset and report back.

Edit: not helped 😞

Sorry to hear that. It's definitely frustrating. Did you try what worked for me above? I find if I can succesfully navigate to stations on spotify on my phone in the moments leading up to my driving (like walking to may car), then the stations will be available when i conect to Andriod Auto. I'm convinced that my issue was with my phone, but I don't really know. 

Tried it today, and yes, it's working that way! Thanks for the tip.

I don't think this is the single phone's problem, and we need to push this issue further to the Spotify team. The problem is reproduced even without car connection.

Marked as solution

This happens to me all the time. I generally need to "Force Stop" spotify on my phone prior to connecting the USB in my car in order to get my stations to appear. Very annoying. I'll try your method too and report back later...

Just started using Android Auto with my OnePlus5 connected to an Opel Corsa.

I'm having the same issue: from the car I open the Radio Station section and the list is empty, only "Your Daily Mix" is shown, but even if I select it there is a loading circle that will go forever.

I tried the solution offered, forcing Spotify to exit from the Settings->App menu but it does not work. The only way I found is starting the Radio I want from the phone BEFORE plugging the USB cable for the car.

With this, looking in the Radio Station section with Android Auto, I only see the Radio station I previously started.

Is this a Spotify or Android Auto problem?

Suggested posts