Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

upgraded to premium, works on computer but not on mobile!

The trial worked great, convinced me to pay for premium. But now when I go and try to play anything on mobile it tells me I need to upgrade to premium. Its annoying, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting the phone...nothing works. making ...

• The trial worked great, convinced me to pay for premium. But now when I go and try to play anything on mobile it tells me I need to upgrade to premium. Its annoying, I tried uninstalling and reinstal...
  • Habdank
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify unmounts my sd card

Spotify unmounts my SD card when I download music offline. It detects it again after I pull it out and put it back in and a restart but it also doesn't find the files on the sd card, making me redownload my playlist and delete the files already there...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify unmounts my SD card when I download music offline. It detects it again after I pull it out and put it back in and a restart but it also doesn't find the files on the sd card, making me redown...
  • betablue42
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue downloading on wifi

I'm trying to download a playlist at home on my wifi, but when I press download, Spotify says: "Go to Settings to download using cellular" Why? I am on wifi, I don't want to download using cellular. I've checked the available space on my phone, and a...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to download a playlist at home on my wifi, but when I press download, Spotify says: "Go to Settings to download using cellular"   Why?   I am on wifi, I don't want to downloa...
  • Dowders79
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cleaning space

Hi everyone,I love Spotify, and I love the downloadfunction. But my phone storage is almost full with 50 hours of music, so i want to turn of the downloadfunction. I switched the switch next to my playlist, but my storage is still full. I found this ...

• Hi everyone, I love Spotify, and I love the downloadfunction. But my phone storage is almost full with 50 hours of music, so i want to turn of the downloadfunction. I switched the switch next to my ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Bass/Flat (Galaxy s6 edge+)

Hey everyone, just upgraded to premium and I'm noticing that my music sounds very flat, and the bass is almost non existent. I've turned my equalizer off, and even force stopped the adapt sound system app to see if that would help, but no luck. Pleas...

• Hey everyone, just upgraded to premium and I'm noticing that my music sounds very flat, and the bass is almost non existent. I've turned my equalizer off, and even force stopped the adapt sound syste...
  • betablue42
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Moto G 4th generation problems.

Hi Everyone! First of all my first language is not English so sorry for that, ill go to the topic. I just bought a Moto G 4th Generation a couple of days ago, I have this problem with the Spotify App, and I'm sure is on the app because the problem do...

• Hi Everyone! First of all my first language is not English so sorry for that, ill go to the topic.  I just bought a Moto G 4th Generation a couple of days ago, I have this problem with the Spot...
  • luismilanese
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncronisation der 3 Geräte

Hallo zusammen, ich bin erst seit kurzem bei Spotify.Als ich heute morgen mein Handy synchronisieren wollte bekam ich die Fehlermeldung das ich nur 3 Geräte mit Premium synchronisieren kann. Das weiss ich auch, nur leider benutze ich Spotify auf eine...

• Hallo zusammen, ich bin erst seit kurzem bei Spotify. Als ich heute morgen mein Handy synchronisieren wollte bekam ich die Fehlermeldung das ich nur 3 Geräte mit Premium synchronisieren kann. Das we...
  • TheBruce
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premiun disapear after using trial

Hi, my Spotify premium disappeared after i accidentally used the 1 week trial, and now i don't have the premium, btw it's the 3 months for 1 euro.thank you all!

• Hi, my Spotify premium disappeared after i accidentally used the 1 week trial, and now i don't have the premium, btw it's the 3 months for 1 euro.thank you all!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio pausing while gps and lyft

Wether using Pandora or Spotify, it seems music constantly gets paused while driving for lyft bluetooth or aux. This didn't use to happen. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotifyLG Aristo. 4G LTE

• Wether using Pandora or Spotify, it seems music constantly gets paused while driving for lyft bluetooth or aux. This didn't use to happen. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify LG Aristo. 4G...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"Rock this" playlist having troubles in android App.

So I've noticed whenever one of the videos in the "Rock this" playlists comes up, spotify closes itself out and no music plays. Is there a way to disable videos in it?

• So I've noticed whenever one of the videos in the "Rock this" playlists comes up, spotify closes itself out and no music plays. Is there a way to disable videos in it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Equalizer disappeared

Dear Community,I used to have the equalizer setting functionality on my previous version of Spotify. When I updated it a couple of weeks ago, this option disappeared. Last update (8.4.4.810 armV7) still misses this option.How could I get it back?Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Community, I used to have the equalizer setting functionality on my previous version of Spotify. When I updated it a couple of weeks ago, this option disappeared. Last update (8.4.4.810 armV7...
  • vincentroch
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changes songs every 30 seconds

I signed up yesterday for the .99 CDN 3 month trial of Spotify and the app worked perfectly, this morning however it's decided to change songs every 30 seconds or so. This is what I've tried so far: stopped the app, stopped the app and cleared cache ...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up yesterday for the .99 CDN 3 month trial of Spotify and the app worked perfectly, this morning however it's decided to change songs every 30 seconds or so.   This is what I've tried...
  • Jason-64
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Redesign the Android app to fit the Material Design Guidelines

Well, last time, I downloaded spotify on my android phone. For the few days I had been using it, there was no problem while I was playing songs, but just this day, when I tried to play music, the music that I want to play cannot play and I can't clic...

• Well, last time, I downloaded spotify on my android phone. For the few days I had been using it, there was no problem while I was playing songs, but just this day, when I tried to play music, the mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify spinning green wheel (slow responding) on Samsung S7 Edge (Android v7)

Is anyone experiencing this same issue?Running Spotify on my Samsung S7 edge (running nougat) is the majority of the time a painful experience. Whenever I try to browse, search or go to playlists or albums I get the green spinning wheel which can tak...

• Casual Listener
  • Is anyone experiencing this same issue? Running Spotify on my Samsung S7 edge (running nougat) is the majority of the time a painful experience.  Whenever I try to browse, search or go to playl...
  • richo99
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify and voice instructions of GPS

Hi! I've got a problem that didn't use to happen in the past with my Spotify, I don't know why. In the past when I was playing music in my car with Spotify the program mute the music when my Google maps or sygic gives me a GPS voice instruction. Actu...

• Regular
  • Hi! I've got a problem that didn't use to happen in the past with my Spotify, I don't know why. In the past when I was playing music in my car with Spotify the program mute the music when my Google m...
  • soundblaster16
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Lockscreen album cover in Nougat

Hi, I have a Honor 8 and since I updated to Android Nougat the album cover in lockscreen stopped working.However, other applications like the stock Music player or Google Play Music do show the album cover properly. PFA screenshots comparing my locks...

• Hi, I have a Honor 8 and since I updated to Android Nougat the album cover in lockscreen stopped working. However, other applications like the stock Music player or Google Play Music do show the a...
  • pekarting
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

How do I play a playlist?

OK, I have used Napster for ages. Now trying Spotify Premium on my android phone. I have searched the help files and boards for answers but I cannot find one: How the hell do I play a playlist? If I create one, there is a download button at the top, ...

• Casual Listener
  • OK, I have used Napster for ages. Now trying Spotify Premium on my android phone.   I have searched the help files and boards for answers but I cannot find one:   How the hell do I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes

Some song titles have been mixed up.

Went to play a song on playlist but the song that played was not the title song although it was on the same album. Somehow on a couple of albums, it has mixed up songs from the original song title. Any way that can be fixed?

• Casual Listener
  • Went to play a song on playlist but the song that played was not the title song although it was on the same album. Somehow on a couple of albums, it has mixed up songs from the original song title. A...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing out of phone speakers when phone receives phone call or similar

As title explains I'll be listening to a song on the Spotify desktop app with my phone locked and the Spotify app closed when a triggering event such as a phone call causes the music to stop playing out of my PC headphones and instead blares it out a...

• As title explains I'll be listening to a song on the Spotify desktop app with my phone locked and the Spotify app closed when a triggering event such as a phone call causes the music to stop playing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes