Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No controls on lock screen/DND/Android Pie

No controls on lock screen/DND/Android Pie

Hi All,

I would like to be able to see Spotify controls on my lock screen when Do Not Disturb mode is on. My DND settings are to hide all notifications, only allow media and alarms. Even after going into notification settings for Spotify and setting all of them to override DND, the controls still don't appear. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My device is Moto G6 Play/Android 9.

edit: I will also add, the normal Spotify notification with controls is showing during DND enabled.

Thanks.

2 Replies

Hey there @pwalk

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

We suggest you first disable any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. It’s worth it trying this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

It's also a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks @Ivan.

I have tried your suggestions and unfortunately, the problem persists.

I should add for clarification, Motorola phones have something called Moto Display, waking the display up when a notification arrives or when phone is moved. The standard lockscreen can be accessed pressing power button and SPotify controls appear there. So, I think the problem could be with Moto Display and/or DND rather than Spotify itself.

Suggested posts