Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No equalizer working anymore

Solved!

No equalizer working anymore

I have installed the latest Android JB 4.3 update on my Galaxy s4 I9505. Now neither the built in Android equalizer has an effect on the sound, nor any other 3rd party equalizer app. Spotify is just ignoring everything. And without eq it is impossible for me to use Spotify... anyone else with this problem?
42 Replies

Spotify has a built-in EQ. Problem is, that one isn't working as well.
It is somewhat hidden in the options. Go to settings, sound effects panel (or w/e it is called in your language) and there you can set the EQ.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that either the default Android EQ, or third party EQ if you have one installed?

As far as I know, Spotify doesn't have it's own EQ.

Yup you are correct, they made a link to the eq from inside the app. My mistake

I´m having this issue on my Samsung Galaxy as well. Audio effects just not working. Nothing happens when switching it on or off, or moving the sliders.

Any good alternatives to use? ETA on fix?

Hey there.

First of all, may I say I'm so sorry about this problem.

I had this today and I re-installed app and instantly after that I was able to change EQ settings.

Can you try that and let me know if that works also for you?

This appears to be a problem with the Samsung Galaxy S4. Disable the stock equalizer on the phone and try installing this one to see if that clears up the issue.

Ditto for me. It sounds flat and changing anything in the equalizer has no impact on the sound of the music!

Tried un-installing and re-installing. No effect. Equalizer is now useless.

Just bumping this - I use Spotify all day long but this is seriously spoiling my enjoyment of the service. Is this the same for every S4 user?

No idea but either ppl listen to their music without the EQ or they gave up on Spotify. Not many ppl complaining anymore.
I gave up and uninstalled the app. No communication, no updates on the issue, nothing.
At least iTunes works...
Marked as solution

I still have this problem aswell on my Samsung Galaxy. It's extremely annoying. Seems as if you reinstall the EQ activates for a short period of time and then stops working again.

Anyone from Spotify care to make a statement?

The equiliser that pops up in Spotify seems to be the same one as other streaming services like Google Play Music, and doesn't work with those apps either. Would be fine if Spotify mobile used SoundAlive but it doesn't. Can only hope 4.4 solves the issue. I can't listen to Spotify at the moment as it sounds so bad. Other third-party EQ apps don't work either on my device. Don't know whether to blame Samsung, Spotify or Google!

Spotify's auido effects does just use the built-in android equaliser and I assume other apps do too. Android and Google forums seem to be awash with posts about equaliser issues lately so I too am not sure whether this is down to Spotify or Google.

A bit off-topic.
I would be fine with waiting for some kind of update if someone from either Spotify, Samsung or Google would post some sort of update or even some small message stating they know about the problem, something. But my biggest grief is, they didn't. We're left in the dark. I find that disrespectful, like they don't care.
That's why I gave up, I really hate it when companies do this.

Yep I had an equalizer sounded awesome. Phone update....same no equalizer will work anymore

The same for me. Sounds completely flat. Equalizer is not working

On my sgs4 equalizer still not work.

I think it has to do with the new Adapt Sound feature on JB. But if you go in there (i haven't used it yet), but you should be able to EQ in there from what I'm reading... Don't know why it conflicts when it's disabled, but my guess is that's it...

I try with Adapt Sound Enable and Disable and the result is the same, the EQ doesn't work with Spotify
Marked as solution

Well I know %100 that this app will work because not only do I always use on my own S4 which is running 4.4 but I also developed it!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplistic.floating_equalizer

Suggested posts