Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No import button on Android device.

Solved!

No import button on Android device.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei Mate 20 pro

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I don't have the option of importing my own music on my Huawei Mate 20 pro. My friend has a button called " add your own music from this device". I can't find any answers on any other website. I have a screenshot from my friends phone. I would do it with computer. But I don't have one here at the moment.

IMG-20190507-WA0001.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @LuisBierbrauer.

Thanks for getting in touch!

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When we’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. Let us know what you think over at the Ideas Exchange.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @LuisBierbrauer.

Thanks for getting in touch!

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When we’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period. Let us know what you think over at the Ideas Exchange.

Tip: Make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I have the exact same problem, is it possible to bring this feature back, or at least that i am able to toggle it or something like that? Its way more convenient than doing it over your PC. the feature disappeared only yesterday from my phone and it's kinda getting on my nerves to be honest. even the songs that i already imported are now grey and cant be played. I mean the feature was already in there, cant you just put it back?

Hey @Flawless2,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We're gradually replacing Local Files Import with a more simplified user flow on Android devices that is called Local File Discovery. You could try and see if it is already available for your device as well. Here is what to do:

1. In settings, you can try to activate Local File Discovery by toggling "Show local audio files". This will enable continuous monitoring of device folders to detect playable audio and enable entry point in Your Library.
  2. Open Your Library and click the Local files entity to see all your tracks.
  3. Click on any of them to start playback. Open context menu for adding to a Playlist, Liked Songs or Queue.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I see the option in the settings and i turned it on, but i can't find a folder for my local music in my library, its the same as before.

Hi @Flawless2,

Thank you for your swift reply!

Take into account that this new feature works under the same conditions as the traditional Local Files, such as not supporting files downloaded from unofficial sources. In this article you can find all the relevant info about it. 

If the app is still not recognizing your files, please let us know the make, model operating system of your phone, as well as the Spotify version you're running. This will help us look into it. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts