Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more shuffling since the update

No more shuffling since the update

Since the update, my playlist doesn't shuffle anymore. Every time I start Spotify, it plays the first song on my list, then the second, then the third, etc. Always in the same order. Always from the top. That means I always hear the same 10-15 songs, starting with Adele, because I only listen about one hour a day while I cook and clean. I've done a clean uninstall, but it did not fix the issue. 

6 Replies

This exact same thing is happening to me, and I have an iPhone. And it definitely started happening after update too.

This is basically happening to me too! But it shuffles through about the very first 10 songs, and then slowly progresses down the list. I never get to hear any of the songs at the end of the playlist because it's very long! Very frustrating. Definitely happened after the update too.

Yah, that’s actually what mine is doing too, it isn’t playing them in exact order from the top but it’s only playing about the first 10 songs. It’s done those same songs at least the last three times I’ve used it, on multiple play lists

Mine has been doing that (I'm listening on a Samsung Galaxy S8) for probably two months now.  I've un-installed and re-installed several times now and my app is current.  If anyone figures this out I'll give them a hug!

I have the exact same problem and I'm considering switching to another app to aviod this disaster. I can't shuffle my playlists with hundreds of songs on them, nor can I access "songs" anymore, which had hundreds of songs saved that weren't on a playlist.

I went on Twitter and tweeted my problem to @spotifycares . They had me DM them
my username and fixed my problem within 48 hours. Hope they can help you too!

Suggested posts