Country

Germany

Device

Galaxy S21

Operating System

Android 11

App version 8.6.26.897

My Question or Issue

Lately (probably the last week) I've noticed the Spotify persistent notification doesn't update.

It appears once, with the track you're playing, but then never updated when the track changes.

The controls still work (except maybe seeking, I'm not sure about that), but skipping, pausing all still work. But even if you skip with the controls in the notification, the notification doesn't update.

The notification seems to be just unable to update at all — the only way to refresh it, is to stop playing altogether, so I can dismiss the notification. Then when I start playing again, the notification reappears, with the current track, which it will then get stuck on as well.

e.g. in the video attached. It starts playing, the notification is correct. Then I skip forward. The app itself correctly updates, but the notification is stuck on the first track. I can still use the notification to control playback but its metadata remains stuck

2 Replies

Hi there @esist,

Thank you for your post and video here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if the issue persist while using a different internet connection?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is the same issue I was having today. I have resolved this issue on my end and it should work for almost everyone.

Have a look at this complete post I made guiding you through the steps:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/SOLVED-Notification-Bluetooth-Not-Updating/td-p/5205565

Suggested posts