Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Mode Randomly Returns to Online Mode.

Offline Mode Randomly Returns to Online Mode.

Hi fellas. I sorta at times share an account with a friend. While she's listening on my account, I turn on Offline Mode so I can still listen through Spotify and not interrupt our sessions. But as of recently, everytime I turn on Offline mode because my friend is listening, after like a minute of listening Offline, my music stops and I check and it shows music playing on my friends device, and I have to turn off Offline mode and turn it back online and it repeats this for 4-5 times after that then it remains solid. Though when it returns to Online mode, it still shows on my app that "Spotify is currently set to Offline" regardless. Which is another bug. Why is this occuring, and it happening to others? Latest Spotify Version Mobile Galaxy Note9
2 Replies

Hey @Vitellio thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community

If your trying to listen to music on the same account, I would suggest turning off your mobile data when your listening, that way it cannot connect to the internet and turn online mode back on. 

To turn data off try these steps: 

Swipe down from the top of the screen, select Settings, press Data usage and then flick the Mobile data switch from On to Off - this will completely turn off your mobile data connection. 

Best,

Jack 🙂

Hi, thanks for the reply! While that is a a temporary solution, I'd like a permanent one! If I turn off Mobile Data then I have no clue if I get calls, messages, etc. So it's not very ideal! I want to know if its a possible new bug because its getting annoying and was NOT occuring before.

Suggested posts