Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play greyed songs.

PlanFreeCountry - India DeviceMoto X PlayOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueI m not able to play greyed songs from playlist idk why, it shows "Playing" but seconds is always 0. There r lot of songs I mean 90% songs aren't playable from...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country - India   Device Moto X Play Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue I m not able to play greyed songs from playlist idk why, it shows "Playing" bu...
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on speakers is broken

Spotify will mute songs exactly halfway through when I am playing them through my Sony SRS-XB10 speaker. I have tried reinstalling but it does not change anything. Very frustrating for an app just meant to play music. PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMoto...

• Visitor
  • Spotify will mute songs exactly halfway through when I am playing them through my Sony SRS-XB10 speaker. I have tried reinstalling but it does not change anything. Very frustrating for an app just me...
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • broken
    bug
    Glitch
    Half
    half way
    halfway
    mute
    mutes
    muting
    Sony
    Speakers
    Spotify
    SRS-XB10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading and downloading again

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 MaxOperating SystemAndroid Even if downloaded the playlists multiple times, in the following two days it redownloads my playlists as if I have infinite data.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy J7 Max Operating System Android     Even if downloaded the playlists multiple times, in the following two days it redownloads my ...
  • kadircanaygun
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps crashing

PlanPremiumCountryThe Netherlands DeviceSamsung galaxy S8Operating System Android Oreo 8.0 My Question or IssueSince a couple of hours my app keeps crashing. I play a song and open up the tab by clicking ^ and then the screen turns grey. The app will...

•   Plan Premium Country The Netherlands  Device Samsung galaxy S8 Operating System  Android Oreo 8.0   My Question or Issue Since a couple of hours my app keeps cra...
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android library has changed completely

Yesterday everything was fine. My Android library looked very similar to the Desktop version. I could go to Songs, pick an artist and listen to any song I saved. Today, for no apparent reason, my library is gone, and got replaced with a simplified ve...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday everything was fine. My Android library looked very similar to the Desktop version. I could go to Songs, pick an artist and listen to any song I saved. Today, for no apparent reason, my lib...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

Renaming entries in the user’s library

PlanPremiumOperating SystemAndroid When one adds an album to the local library, that entry may be listed under the name of the album, the given name/surname of the composer, the given name/surname of the performer, etc. Thus, while the library entrie...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Android   When one adds an album to the local library, that entry may be listed under the name of the album, the given name/surname of the composer, the given ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Terrible new layout

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceS6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe newest update has completely changed my app layout. All of my saved songs have been put into a new "liked songs" playlist. Ive lost most of my artists that are from the save...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device S6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue The newest update has completely changed my app layout. All of my saved songs have been put into a ne...
  • jpandino
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 21 likes
  • Horrible update
  • 4 replies
  • 21 likes

Moving Spotify from Old Cellphone to New

Plan = PremiumCountry = USA DeviceOld Device - Samsung Note 3New Device - Samsung Note 9 Operating System = Android Oreo My Question or IssueMy client has Spotify on their Note 3 smartphone, and has downloaded literally thousands of songs, primarily ...

• Visitor
  • Plan = Premium Country = USA   Device Old Device - Samsung Note 3 New Device - Samsung Note 9   Operating System = Android Oreo   My Question or Issue My client has Sp...
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    transfer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing from a filtered search result not working properly

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice Samsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueEverything seemed to work just very fine untill the recent update with the design changes, before I used to scroll a bit in my songs list so that the searc...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device  Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Everything seemed to work just very fine untill the recent update wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some others music won't stop to interrupt my music

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerland DeviceSamsung Galaxy s10 (had the same problem with the 9)Operating System My Question or IssueHi I have issues with my spotify for some times now. When I am listening my playlist in my phone, suddenly my music is interr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland  Device Samsung Galaxy s10 (had the same problem with the 9) Operating System     My Question or Issue Hi 🙂 I have issues with my spotify f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant won't auto play s10

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung S10+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueGoogle Assistant will search a song but not auto play. OS completely up to dateApp data clearedApp delinked and relinkedApp uninstalled and reinstalledPhone master...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung S10+ Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Google Assistant will search a song but not auto play.  OS completely up to ...
  • Nikechk89
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Made For You Section Not Visible on Home Page

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevicePixel 2XLOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI have been using Spotify premium for about 2 weeks now. I couldn't see my Daily Mixes or Discover Weekly on the home page or anywhere else. I like discovering new ...

• Plan Premium Country India Device Pixel 2XL Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I have been using Spotify premium for about 2 weeks now. I couldn't see my Daily Mixes o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How do I include pictures in Playlist Titles

I see it in a shared playlist (attached) and it makes it so much easier to scroll to the playlist I wantHow do I add my own ones?PlanPremium for FamilyCountryNew Zealand DeviceSamsung S6 Edge Operating SystemAndroid 7.0

• Regular
  • I see it in a shared playlist (attached) and it makes it so much easier to scroll to the playlist I want How do I add my own ones? Plan Premium for Family Country New Zealand   Device...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Amount of songs in a playlist

My Question or Issue Can't find the amount of songs in a playlist anymore. Very annoying. No problem with older versions on iOS.

• Music Fan
  •     My Question or Issue  Can't find the amount of songs in a playlist anymore. Very annoying. No problem with older versions on iOS.
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically downloading podcasts

I live in an area of California with spotty cell service (there are plenty of us). For a decade, my chosen podcast app has automatically downloaded episodes for me whenever I am at home and I have a good connection, so I can then listen to them anywh...

• Visitor
  • I live in an area of California with spotty cell service (there are plenty of us). For a decade, my chosen podcast app has automatically downloaded episodes for me whenever I am at home and I have a ...
  • jacobev221
  • 1 replies
  • 97 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 97 likes

Once again Spotify deleted my saved songs

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindows 8 and Samsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid 8My Question or IssueSo I was looking for a song I saved that I saved about 3-4 months ago and I can't find it at all. While scrolling down in my saved songs for the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Windows 8 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Android 8 My Question or Issue So I was looking for a song I saved that I saved about 3-4 months ago ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search result text does not match picture

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 EdgeAndriod 8.0 My Question or IssueWhen searching, the art for a search result returned did not match the artist returned.I searched for 'lime' and the art was from a song called Limestone by Magic Cit...

spotify1.jpg spotify2.jpg spotify3.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Andriod 8.0   My Question or Issue When searching, the art for a search result returned did not match the artist returned....
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

subject

• Visitor
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong translation in French

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceHuawei P20 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueIn the "Ecoutés récemment" (recently listened to) section, the playlist with my saved tracks is named "Vous titres sauvegardés" (You saved tracks) instead of "Vos...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Huawei P20 Pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue In the "Ecoutés récemment" (recently listened to) section, the playlist with my saved ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

first 10 songs keep playing

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceMotorola z3Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueHi, on non-Spotify made playlists the first 10 or so songs keep playing over and over again, is there anything I can do? Is anyone else having this problem?

• Plan Free Country United States Device Motorola z3 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Hi, on non-Spotify made playlists the first 10 or so songs keep playing over and over ag...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes