Offline Playlist for Nvidia Shield

Plan

Premium

Device

Nvidia Shield 

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I've been using Spotify for years and was always happy with the functionality on my desktop or mobile phones. I recently purchased a nvidia shield, that is now acting as my main source of home entertainment content.

Of course I immediately tried to get the local playlist I have on my phone and desktop to the shield. After I added a regular online song, the playlist appeared on the shield-spotify-app. But there is no button/menu to select "download". 

Please help. 

Thanks alot in advance 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Snowhecht!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Right now it's not possible to download songs for offline listening on Android TV or to play local files via our Connect function.

You can leave a +Vote here if you'd like to see the option to play local files on all platforms.

We hope this info helps. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can do for you. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Snowhecht!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Right now it's not possible to download songs for offline listening on Android TV or to play local files via our Connect function.

You can leave a +Vote here if you'd like to see the option to play local files on all platforms.

We hope this info helps. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can do for you. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks alot!

Suggested posts