Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline not working

Solved!

Offline not working

Hi,

I have an HTC handset and a premium account.  When trying to go in to Offline mode I'm informed that my license has expired and I need to renew it.  I have been a premium customer for some time now and this function has worked on previously owned HTC handsets.  I am about to go on holiday and wish to use my playlists as a source of music whilst not paying for roaming charges.

Could someone please assist?  I've seen a number of questions on this topic already but am not sure the underlying problem has been resolved.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Before you can listen Offline, you need to download playlists you like to Offline mode. You can download easily via wifi or mobile internet. Keep in mind; in mobile internet downloading those playlists may be slow with your 3G, take too much data etc... So best solution is wifi if available.

To use Offline in Android, just go to playlist you want to download and click green Download button. Also if you need to download via mobile internet (2G/3G), you need to enable option in settings "Download using mobile internet". Keep in mind, better quality, more data usage.

Unlimited data plan is better.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

How long have you been in offline mode for? You'll need to go offline every 30 days in order to check that your subscription is still active.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your swift response.

I've only tried to go offline on my new phone today and get the license error.  I've checked my subscription and it's still saying that my Preimium subscription is active and so should include the option to play my playlists offline.

Regards

Marked as solution

Hey there!

Before you can listen Offline, you need to download playlists you like to Offline mode. You can download easily via wifi or mobile internet. Keep in mind; in mobile internet downloading those playlists may be slow with your 3G, take too much data etc... So best solution is wifi if available.

To use Offline in Android, just go to playlist you want to download and click green Download button. Also if you need to download via mobile internet (2G/3G), you need to enable option in settings "Download using mobile internet". Keep in mind, better quality, more data usage.

Unlimited data plan is better.

Cheers.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for this, problem solved.

Regards

I have the same problem but have the samsung galaxy s4. My premium account is active but cannot play offline on my phone as it says it has expired. On my last phone I was able to listen via 3g but I cant on this one as my signal is bad. I tried offline mode but wont work. All my playlists are offline but I cant listen to anything. Cant even listen on my laptop when theres no wifi.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

You need to play a track every 30 days in online mode so that the server can confirm to your phone that you stll have a valid premium subscription. It doesn't have to be 3D, wifi is fine.

Suggested posts