Option to DISABLE auto start spotify android app

Option to DISABLE auto start spotify android app

HTKblazer
Regular

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

11 Replies

Re: Option to DISABLE auto start spotify android app

Rising Star 18 Rene01
Rising Star 18

Hi,

Can you explain in more details what you mean. 

You reboot your phone and Spotify automatically starts?

Regards,

René

Rene01Rising Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HTKblazer
Regular

Ah sorry, forgot to add message.

No, what I mean is, everytime I connect with Bluetooth, Spotify starts playing music. Connecting wireless headphones, in the car... I get the idea of it, but where this falls down is when Spotify is stopped and you take a phone call, and after hanging up, Spotify starts playing music without being asked to. Not very professional when travelling with a client and death metal starts blaring out after a phone call.

There doesn't appear to be any way to stop it. FORCE CLOSING Spotify does not help. Turning off "autoplay" does not help. Cache cleared, fresh install, up to date etc.

The result is that I must modify the Bluetooth settings between my car and my phone to "call" only. Not very efficient.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rising Star 18 Rene01
Rising Star 18

Ok,

But for me this is what you normally want. You listen to spotify, you got a phone call, spotify stops, you take the call, you finish the call, then spotify proceeds.

I don't understand why this is not professional because before the call you were already playing the song. Or do you mean that it proceeds with another song?

Also the question is if this is a spotify thing or a car system thing, so If you would play a mp3 or would listen to the radio, wouldn't that be the same?

Regards,

René

Rene01Rising Star 18

HTKblazer
Regular

Sorry, to be clear: I have closed Spotify. I have force stopped it. I have cleared the cache. No music is playing. Silence. Professional. I take a phone call. I hang up. CANNIBAL CORPSE!

My "Music" app does not behave this way, tested last night by uninstalling Spotify and making a call.

Rising Star 18 Rene01
Rising Star 18

Ok,

Clear. I don't have an answer right now but I will come back to you.

Thank you for describing the issue in detail.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rising Star 18

HTKblazer
Regular

Thanks René, I appreciate it.

For any Spotify staff monitoring:

DO NOT RELOCATE THIS AS AN IDEA UNDER "...SPECIFIC BT DEVICES..." LIKE YOU DID LAST TIME. I DO NOT HAVE A BT DEVICE AND THIS ISSUE IS PREVAILANT ON ONEPLUS, XPERIA, AND HUAWEI DEVICES RUNNING ANDROID 9.

Rising Star 18 Rene01
Rising Star 18

Hi,

Can you tellus how you are hanging up the call? Are you hanging up by pressing the red "hang up" button on your phone, or are you doing it by pressing another button on your phone or on a headset remote?

I suspect that you're using a headset, and that the button on the headset's remote which is used to hang up a call is the same button that is used to pause/resume playback on a default music device on the phone, and that this is the reason why hanging up is also triggering Spotify to resume play, even if it's been force closed. 

Please let us know how it happens exactly.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rising Star 18

HTKblazer
Regular

I don't have a headset. I'm using my steering wheel controls. There (annoyingly) is no button to play or pause music on the steering wheel, which is why this is so much of a problem - I have to use my car's screen to navigate to music and pause again.

It seems crazy that this is happening when I have force stopped Spotify and for all intents and purposes have told Spotify to pipe down and yet when ending a call, Spotify stands up and decides this is its time to shine.

Thanks for your help with this so far!

Rising Star 18 Rene01
Rising Star 18

Hi,

Just some more questions:

• Does this only happen when playing from the car, or also outside of the car?
  • Are you using Waze/Android Auto?
  • Can you send a picture or preferably a video of the behaviour?

Thanks,

René

Rene01Rising Star 18
SUGGESTED POSTS