Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Organizing my playlists

Organizing my playlists

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

On the desktop app you can organize your various playlists however you want. But on Android, no. On Android it puts the playlist you last listened to at the top which is quite anoying since I have a lot of playlists that I swap between during the day. Then it would be nice to be able to put them in a specific order so I always know where I have them in the list. Have looked around but there doesn't seem to be an option for this. Am I blind or can we at least try to make this a thing? 

3 Replies

Hi @RedRhubarb

To make the order on your mobile reflect the one form your desktop:

• go to your Library, 
  • go to the list you’d like to filter (t.ex. Playlists), 
  • pull the screen down, 
  • choose Filter, 
  • choose Custom order. 

Now the order should be the same as on your desktop.

You can read more on sorting and filtering playlists in this support article

I hope it helps!

I solved this by Force-stopping the app. The filter-button works, but is not always. Sometimes pressing the button does nothing (maybe throws an exception in the app). The issue persists however for when adding a new song to a playlist. There the order is not what is specified and is organized by last listening, which is difficult to predict. 

1-Setting_custom_order.PNG
2-With_custom_order.PNG
3-Add_to_playlist.PNG

Hi @Bobben

If it comes to your playlist order while adding a new song, this is an intended behavior.

However, there's an Idea posted regarding this, so make sure to check it out and add your +VOTE there, if that's something you're interested in. 

Here is more information on how the Ideas Exchange works.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts