Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play/ pause function not working on bluetooth devices

Play/ pause function not working on bluetooth devices

All 3 of my bluetooth devices are unable to control my Spotify music. The next/previous song functions are working. I have cleared the cache and uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it. The problem is still there. pls help

4 Replies

I'm also having this issue. I've not yet tried restarting the phone or re-pairing my devices, so I'll try those and get back to you. Kind of annoying though.

Edit: restarting my phone actually fixed it for me, so hopefully you have some joy there.

I have the exact same issue, the other buttons work fine and even the double tap to advance the song does, it works fine for a couple of minutes when the app is freshly started, after those couple of good minutes the play/pause will stop working. My smartwatch (AW2.0) is having the same issue but the wired earbuds work fine, I paired and unpaired the device but no luck. If I restart the app it works again well for another couple of minutes but it eventually stops.. really frustrating. 

The solution is to
clear the cache and data of the Spotify app:

Step 1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.

Step 2. Tap on Settings.

Step 3. Tap on Apps.

Step 4. Scroll down and tap Spotify app.

Step 5. Tap Storage.

Step 6. Tap Clear cache.

Step 7. Tap Clear data.

Then,

Step 1. From the Home screen, swipe up to display all apps.

Step 2. Tap on Settings

Step 3. Tap on Apps

Step 4. Tap Menu

Step 5. Tap Reset app preferences ,then follow the prompt to proceed with the reset

Most Importantly, To clear the cache and data of the Bluetooth app:

Step 1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.

Step 2. Tap on Settings.

Step 3. Tap on Apps.

Step 4. Tap on Show system apps.

Step 5. Scroll down and tap Bluetooth app.

Step 6. Tap Storage.

Step 7. Tap Clear cache.

Step 8. Tap Clear data.

I've had that problem for over 6 months, until today I just got off a live chat with Samsung agent. I have a galaxy note 5, I believe this is a Samsung issue. But that should fix your problem. The last step should be the fix, but try all to be sure! Good Luck!

You need to allow access to your local network settings 

Suggested posts