Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playback slider in music is not working but works in podcast.

Playback slider in music is not working but works in podcast.

Since the recent update, the playback slider isn't working. Usually we could drag and choose the time point of interest to listen or when a specific lyric is tapped it starts playing from that point. But now both of these are completely unresponsive. But when it comes to listening to podcasts, I can freely use the playback slider and set accordingly. I've done a complete reinstall of Spotify along with clearing storage, cache and checking and deleting any Spotify related folders in File manager android/data and other folders I could find before reinstalling.it still doesn't work the same way. I'm on Android 11
2 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The behavior you're describing is expected if you have a free account.

Since the free tier on mobile has some playback limitations, such as selecting a specific song or listening in a desired order, moving the slider to choose a part of a track is also not currently available for created playlists or albums. However, it's still available in selected playlists created for you, like the Daily Mix or some podcasts as well.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you people want to charge every user then directly declare spotify a paid app.  why you're wasting our time by doing these cheap actions.

Suggested posts