Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback speed button not working

Playback speed button not working

Oprating System

Android 9

Spotify Version

My Issue

When I'm connected using Spotify Connect and playing an episode, the playback speed button is available, but changing the selected value doesn't do anything. I noticed that on the desktop client the button is disabled. Should it be disabled for Android also?

2 Replies

The playback speed button does nothing for me either when casting to my Chromecast Audio. It does work when playing locally on my iPhone. 

Spotify version 8.5.23.644

iOS 13

I experience this issue often when casting audio from my ios app to external speakers in my house. For example, if I have the playback speed set to 1.5x on my iPhone app and then start casting to an external speaker (in this case a Portal by Facebook), the audio reverts to 1x on the external speaker. The speed shown selected on the app itself remains set to 1.5x.

I *think* I've been able to get it to play at a faster speed at least once, but I could be mistaken since I can't repeat it. I've tried updating my app, closing and restarting the app, and restarting my phone.

It would be ideal to get to cast podcasts to an external speaker and still adjust the playback speed.

Thanks.

Suggested posts