Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after 9 seconds

Playback stops after 9 seconds

Plan

Premium

Country

Egypt

Device

Huawei P30 Lite

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Playback frequently stops after 9 seconds. Internet speed is always good. I perform internet speed tests when happens and I always get good speed avove 10 Mbps, plus browsing and streaming from other apps works perfectly. Force stopping the Spotify app and trying to play the song again fixes the problem for the current song, but it happens again after a couple of songs if not the song right after. Clearing the cache, logging out then in, clearing application data abd cache and uninstalling then reinstalling the app didn't fix the problem.

57 Replies

thats not posible its a working pc and i can not install anything so im bound with the browser.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In that case, could you log in on another device, preferably connected to a different network and see if the issue comes up there as well?

Also, did you have the chance to test a different account on your work pc? The more results we gather from these scenarios the quicker we'll be able to get to the bottom of this.

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

for now its working again... i have nothing changed?

Hi @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

Let us know if anything comes up 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

it worked fine until now. It has stopt on 9 sec again.

I changed nothing so i don't know why it wokes somtimes. I don't think its something in my network.

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

As it's a work computer there might be certain Firewall/ System management software which could be blocking ports vital to the performance of the web player.

It might be a good idea to try using a different browser if possible. 

If not try to enable Smooth Scrolling for Chrome, following the steps here. Some users reported that this has fixed the issue for them. Note that you might require administrator rights to change this.

Keep us psoted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i don't think its a firewall thing it worked for months with no problem.. it startet one week ago and its not on every song. also it workt today for 5 hours with no problem. Than it started again. i also can not press play again i have to skip the song.

I have the same problem. Fresh system, fresh web browser, and at 9 sec spotify stops.

I think you will loose your customers and listeners in short time, if doesnt fix this bug!!!

Hi again @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Did you try using a different browser and a different account? This would help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

@3162l7zr4anfrt, could you try restarting your router to see if that makes any difference? We'd also like to know how it works when using an incognito window and a different browser.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Have the same issue. Some song plays for 0:09 than stop.

System environment:

- Windows 10

- Latest Chrome Browser, no plugins installed, also tried with incognito.

- Stable wired connection

Developer Tools show the following behaviour:

- Song that stops: Service worker of the PWA is serving the content for the 0:09 of the song -> After that no additional content is retrieved.

- Song that keeps playing: Service worker of the PWA is serving the content for the 0:09 of the song -> After that additional content is downloaded

Stopping song.png
Working song.png

Hi there @guro3210,

Thank you for your reply and information that's been provided in this thread.

Can you try from another browser to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you could restart your router.

Do you use the desktop app? If so, does it work there?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Since im clearly not the only one with this issue i don't think its a Browser thing.. I have now tryed it with Microsoft EDGE still the same issue after a while it stops random songs after 9 sec of playback. i can not try a other account.

Hi there @user-removed, 

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest that you check the anti-virus on your PC and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Additionally, if you're using a VPN try disconnecting it to check if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Im am useing it in the browser?!
also its with and without vpn.

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

In this case, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that. This would help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

Additionally, it's worth reaching out to your PC's administrator to check if you have any recently installed software that could be blocking Spotify.

Lastly, could you send us the exact version of your browser?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The tech support here does not answer questions. They ask the questions. They deflect and obfuscate. 

CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION

If you really want Spotify to address the issue with their programming hit them in their pocket books people. Stop paying to be frustrated with a subpar service and stop wasting your time on these tech-dodos.

this also does not work! you always write only the same! the problem is certainly in their system. since it affects several users. since you get no help here and always only the same is written although you have said many times that this brings nothing I see me here forced to cancel premium and change to another provider.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

There's currently an ongoing issue about this. We suggest that you head over there and leave the information that's being asked for in the statues. You can also leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Take care! 

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts