Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops when browsing chrome

Playback stops when browsing chrome

Hi all. I'm having a weird problem recently. My Spotify seems to stop suddenly when I try to load a webpage on chrome that has a lot of content (ie is image heavy). Playback stops and has to be manually restarted. It also goes back to the beginning of the song that was playing. It's really effing annoying.

Thanks.
5 Replies

Hi @mr_shifty. You may want to have two separate chrome pages open. One is what you are listening to and the other is all the tabs of what you are doing, you may also have to download Spotify as their web player has been having a few bugs lately.

Hey @LoganHelps, this being the android section, it's highly unlikely that the OP is using the web player.

@mr_shifty, could you post details of your device, android version and spotify version please.

Oh, oops I got confused of what section I was on, thanks for catching that. That is a strange issue and like @Joe said, what Android version are you on and what Spotify version? You may want to contact Spotify. Since Joe knows what he is doing I'll leave this case for him.

Hi.
Android version 4.4.4
Spotify version 8.4.4.810 armv7
Also, I don't know if this makes a difference, but I'm transmitting via Bluetooth to a JBL Flip 4 speaker. Come to think of it, this has only started happening since I started doing this.

Hi. You haven't mentioned your mobile model but, if it's running android 4.4, it's probably a pretty older device. It sounds like the phone simply can't cope with too much multitasking, either because of limited RAM and/or a slow processor.

All you can do is to make sure there are no unwanted apps running in the background before you try to stream music over BT while using Chrome. Something like Ccleaner would make it easier to kill background processes and release some RAM before you launch spotify and use chrome.

Suggested posts