Playing ALL Podcasts from oldest-newest

Plan

Premium

Country

America

Device

Galaxy S8

My Question or Issue

When I go to podcasts, I can see all new episodes and play the most recent release. It will play the new episode of Podcast X, then Podcast Y, then Podcast Z. 

I just got into podcasts, and there are a lot of 2 part episodes of various podcasts and podcasts I have added, but not started yet. Why can I not play all podcasts from oldest to newest? I'd love to have it play episode 1 of Podcast A, episode 1 of Podcast B, episode 2 of Podcast A, episode 1 of Podcast C, etc in release order. I can sort each individual podcast to play from oldest to newest. Why can't I do the same for the entire episode list for all podcasts, especially when it lets me do it from newest to oldest?

6 Replies

I have the same issue on my desktop Mac. On my iPhone it plays it in the logical order A-Z where A is the first episode. Does not change playing order whatsoever to switch filter on view from newest-oldest or vice versa. One of the most irritating flaws with the Spotify podcaster.

Hi @robertwestin,

Thanks for reaching about this on the Community. 

What you're describing seems to be related to this Ongoing Issue, which our developer is already aware of, and are working on a fix. Feel free to check out the mentioned thread (if you haven't already) and share your feedback.

Any updates related to it will be posted there. 

Remember the Community is here in case you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I am experiencing my podcasts only playing newest to older order in the queue. I prefer to listen to the oldest episodes up to the newest ones so I get the story in order. I order them in oldest to newest, but when I click on the queue it is only showing the previous episodes that I already listened to. 

I have already tried to reinstall the desktop app, and have tried changing the order of the podcasts, but the queue keeps lining them up in newest to oldest. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.29.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 2.29.05 PM.png

Hi @hillary_macd,

Thanks for posting on the Community,

The right team is aware of this situation. For this reason, we recommend that you visit this thread for more details related to this issue and include more info about yours there. 

Also, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments. 

Additionally, make sure to follow the content included on the Status update section.

Cheers!

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hi,

The thread you suggested was an issue I was having before. I finally got that issue fixed, but after updating my Operating System, and uninstalling / reinstalling Spotify, this became the new issue I have experienced. 

Has there been any update on how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Hey there @hillary_macd,

Thanks for the post.

The issue in question is still under investigation by the right folks at Spotify. We don't have official info on when exactly it will be fixed yet. But we recommend adding your +Vote and subscribing to the thread, so you'll get notified when there is any development.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts