Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing offline mp3's on Android

Playing offline mp3's on Android

Hello everyone!

I hope somebody can help me out. I've got some mp3's stored on my computer, and added them to a playlist on the Spotify-app on my computer. I can now play them on my computer. If I open the same playlist on my Android-phone or -tablet, the songs are also added to the playlist. Yet I can't play them, they are in grey text and nothing happens when I click on them. There also isn't a green arrow with these songs, but there is one with every other song in that same playlist. 

My Spotify app on my Android-devices are not on 'offline' in settings, and the playlist has got offline playing enabled. I have a Spotify-premium account, and would really like to listen to these songs while running. I've checked the Spotify Help section, but couldn't find a solution for this.

3 Replies

I think (not positive) that since they were on your computer they're local files so you can't get them onto your phone. Try looking up those MP3s on Spotify so then you can have them on your phone.

Thanks for your reply! That's the thing, these songs are acoustic versions
that can't be found on Spotify... I think I'l; just put them on my phone
through USB and then play them with Google Play Music.

Ah. As great as Spotify is, they just don't have things sometimes. That's a good plan. Glad you got it sorted out 🙂

Suggested posts