Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I download podcasts to listen offline but when I go and hunt for them whilst not connected to the internet the app can't find them. Let me clarify that with an example.

I'll download an episode of The Sporkful and an episode of Revisionist History on WiFi before leaving the house. I will start listening to The Sporkful on the way to work but when it runs out I'll want to switch to the other podcast. I open the app and obviously it says 'no internet connection' so I hit either 'back' or 'library' and get nothing, just a spinning green circle. On the odd occasion it does give me the home page and lets me select 'podcasts' and 'downloads' it doesn't actually let me see anything, there's just grey squares where my podcasts normally are so I have no way of navigating to the downloaded ones. When I guestimate where Revisionist History was on the app it doesn't let me click through to downloaded episodes.

This never used to be an issue pre-update (whenever that was, I think it was a while ago) but seems to have become a thing now and it's most frustrating. Any ideas?

2 Replies

I can confirm it is a bug and I am facing the same issue. Worry not, a moderator will see this and take note. They might already be working on a bug fix.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there @stormgirlz and @Amayy,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community.

There's currently an ongoing issue about this - [Android] Downloaded podcasts don't show up in Offline Mode. We suggest that you head over to the ongoing issue and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts