Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Randomly Stops Playing | Galaxy S6 Edge+

Playlist Randomly Stops Playing | Galaxy S6 Edge+

Premium Customer here

I've got a personal playlist that I've downloaded for offline play and about 2 weeks ago, every time I play the playlist it will play a few songs then Spotify will completely stop and exit or it will paus the song. 

Its getting frustrating because I use my phone to play music for social sports games. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and the problem still occurs. 

Any ideas on what it could be? 

12 Replies

Same problem, Galaxy S6 Edge

This started with the latest patch for me on Android 4.4.4 using the latest spotify (version 4.1.0.868) and premium. Happens in both online and offline mode.

Same with myself and other friends with the S6 Edge+. Spotify also doesnt stop playing music when receiving a phone call. All of these problems started after the latest update. Very frustrating to have to tell someone to hold on so I can pause my music!

Seems that clearing all spotify data and then redownloading all the playlists fixed the playback issues for me (no issues for 1 hour and counting).

Yes! I just tested it too and it plays when a phone call comes in. How do we roll the update back??? 

I direct messaged @SpotifyCares and was told they are currently working on the problem. Hopefully we'll get an update soon.

Same problem here. But I just have the regular S6. Hopefully that update comes in soon... went from happening once a week to almost every other song for me..

Solved for me now

How was it solved please?  Thanks

There was an update a few weeks ago that solved the problem

I have the latest spotify app. My music stops playing after a few song it's so annoying how can I solve this problem? I am paying for premium and it's very unfair we get this type of support.

@G110494M090 did you read the first couple of posts in this stickied thread?

Suggested posts