Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist filter not (always) showing

Solved!

Playlist filter not (always) showing

After updating to Spotify 5.0.0.956 on my Android device, the playlist filtering option (on top of the list of playlists) is not showing reliably anymore. Most of the times I cannot scroll beyond the topmost playlist and access the filter, but sometimes (rarely) it works. I have not been able to see any systematics behind this.

Please fix, having many playlists the option of filtering is really essential for me!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Seems like version 5.2.0.885 provides a fix for the problem - thank you!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I've never noticed an issue with the filter not showing. Maybe time for a clean install?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I had the same problem running the exact same version. However the filter was not showing at all, no exceptions.

A cache reset (available in the settings menu) did the trick for me.

Thanks for the hint, but resetting the cache does not fix the problem for me.

A workaround that seems to work reproducably is to switch off all filters first (with the button on the bottom of the list which shows without a problem), go back from playlists to "your music" and back to playlists, then I can temporarily scroll up to the filter menu. However, once I then set the download filter, the problem reoccurs when next entering the list of playlists.

Sadly I have to confirm that resetting the cache wasn't a fix. Just after leaving the house I had the same issues you are describing. The workaround with resetting the filteres also worked for me but only temporary.

Hoping for a fix in the next update.

Updating to 5.1.0.849 did not change a thing in my case. I have filed a bug report now.

edit: I have _tried_ to file an official bug report, seems special rights are needed for that... If I could, it would read like that:

Device: HTC One V

Operating System Version Android 4.0.3

Spotify Version  5.1.0.849

Description

If the playlists filter is set to show downloaded lists only, it is impossible to scroll up beyond the topmost list entry to show the filter menu.

To reproduce:

1. Set playlist filter to "downloads only".
  2. Exit "playlists".
  3. Enter "playlists" again: Filter does not show when scrolling up.

Workaround:

"Remove all filters" on the bottom of the list can be used to switch off the "downloads" filter, then leaving the playlists menu and returning makes it possible to scroll up to the filter again.

Additional information:

N/A

Perfect. Thanks for that!

Your wish is my command: [Android] Filter not available once set

If anyone else who has this issue can post in the issue their details it would be appreciated.

Android Troubleshooting:

We have an update against the issue. Looks like it can be replicated and will be investigated.

Thanks for reporting!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Filter-not-available-once-set/idc-p/1327265#...

Android Troubleshooting:

Sounds good, thanks for the note!

Marked as solution

Seems like version 5.2.0.885 provides a fix for the problem - thank you!

Confirming 5.2.0.885 fixed the problem for me

Suggested posts