Plan

Premium

Country 
Sweden

Device

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

The new way of ordering playlists has made making playlists impossible for me. I have hundreds of playlists and it's hard to find the ones you want because spotify randomly orders them.  You can order the playlists in the main list of playlists but when you are listening to a track and choose to add it to playlist then you get a randomly sorted list of playlists that you can't change the order on.  The playlists also switch places in the list so when you want to add a song to several playlists then the order can be switched around and you have to look through the whole list again. So basically the phone is useless for making playlists now so please change the sorting of playlists

62 Replies

The order in that "Add to Playlist" list changes so the playlist to which you added a song most recently shows at the very top. Kind of as a "Recently Added To" type of sort.

But I agree that this is not optimal for many users. As I curate playlists, it is great to know exactly where on my playlist list a certain playlist sits, so I don't have to guess each time. It would be great if there were options to choose how this list is sorted, instead of a blanket choice bring made for all users.

I tried again curating playlists on the new update and I gave up after five minutes. It takes too much time to do it on phone now. Honestly this change will probably mean that I spend a lot less time on making playlists. And that's one of my favorite things about spotify

Since the update, I was really annoyed when I realized that the order of my playlists was based on what I've listened to recently, instead of my own custom order, and there was no way of changing this in the settings. 

Luckily though, I discovered how to fix this, although, I have to say it's not very obvious. 

What you have to do is to click on the 'Filters' button and then choose your custom sorting order (see the attached screenshot).

Screenshot_20190622-122725_Spotify.jpg

It's not the main list of playlist that's the problem. It's the list of playlists you get when you want to add a track to a playlist. That one you can't change on android. For example I have lists for different years and this is how they get sorted in that view. 

unnamed.jpg

I didn't even know there was a filter function. You gotta swipe down when scrolled all the way up for it to even appear.

I'm not sure what the mobile app devs were on when they did this update, but they need to either get off of it or share it with me.

Australia

Google Pixel 2 XL

Android 9

Premium

Finally I have found someone else with the same problem. I've been having this problem since the update and it's driving me insane. I have 434 playlists ATM and I've given up on adding songs to playlists as they're unreliable at best to find. Sometimes it's at the top, then sometimes it gone completely and I can't find it.

A few suggestions.

- go back to how it was (if it ain't broke don't fix)

- allow us to add to playlist and then use a search bar up the top to find it instead of scrolling

- have the playlist currently playing at the top of the add to playlist section (I often queue up potential songs to add and if my playlist was at the top it'd be mighty easy to find)

Honestly though, I just want to be able to use Spotify again. As a long time user this is the first update (apart from some previous ones where all my downloaded playlists disappeared) that has completely broken my experience with Spotify and I would appreciate a fix. I've been eagerly awaiting an update that fixes this.

@Canora wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country 
Sweden

Device

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

The new way of ordering playlists has made making playlists impossible for me. I have hundreds of playlists and it's hard to find the ones you want because spotify randomly orders them.  You can order the playlists in the main list of playlists but when you are listening to a track and choose to add it to playlist then you get a randomly sorted list of playlists that you can't change the order on.  The playlists also switch places in the list so when you want to add a song to several playlists then the order can be switched around and you have to look through the whole list again. So basically the phone is useless for making playlists now so please change the sorting of playlists

Thank you @SilkFire! You're my savior. Doesn't solve the problem completely, as it doesn't help when adding songs to playlists, but at least I can find the playlist I wa t to play again!

@Spotify I've got all of my playlists alphabetically organized. I can't understand why someone would want them organized by most recent, but at least give us the option!!!

I made a post with the same issue 3 weeks ago here.

I have hundreds of playlists and this bug has basically ruined my Spotify experience.

This issue has made Spotify almost unusable for me; I use it to make playlists.

Close to canceling subscription.

Issue still persists - DRIVING ME NUTS

PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is Extremely Annoying! I have over 400 playlists and would be making more, but since the update I have simply given up trying to add the songs to playlists. The random order on mobile app is always fluctuating, there is no way to organize or filter it at all!! I jsut gave up.

I cannot understand, why spotify technicians did NOT think about this... or trying to "improve" something that did not need any improvement. "Don't fix it if it ain't broke..." Hmm. Please you - at spotify - can you please TEST DRIVE your changes with a Focus Group before you implement it to the whole Application next time. AND could you please roll-back this "improvement" to make it the bad-old version agai? Thanks. 

Thank you for your input.

If we keep commenting I think it is likely to be seen.

It seems like you can at least order the list alphabetically now. If you choose alphabetical order in the main list of playlists then it shows alphabetical order on the "add to playlist" list of playlists too. That's bit better at least. Custom order doesn't work that way though which is the sort order I prefer

Glad I'm not the only one. This completely ruined Spotify for me to the point of cancelling my subscription 🙄.

It's broken Spotify for so many.

My playlists are ordered alphabetically but it still does NOT order them alphabetically when I add a song to a playlist.  Were you really able to get your playlists ordered alphabetically when adding a song to a playlist?  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to know how!  My hundreds of playlists are useless now since I cannot find the right one when I want to add a song 😞

Message in response to Canora's reply above 🙂

ISSUE PERSISTS - PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Hi,

Looks like it's solve.

Regards,

René

Suggested posts