NEXT STEP

Playlist order

Playlist order

Plan

Free/Premium

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

A few weeks ago the playlists stopped playing songs at random. Like all of my playlists suddenly started to play the songs in order of when the song was added. Before it just played songs at random. Help!!

4 Replies

Hi, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I could use a little more information to try to help you. Are you experiencing this problem at all times when listening to music directly through your Android device, or do you happen to be using the device to control music on something else, such as a PC or a WiFi speaker?
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It happens only on my Android phone, and I also can't pick whatever song I want like I can on my Apple computer

Thanks, that helps narrow things down a bit. Are you using a free or premium account? There are some limitations on Spotify free on mobile that don't exist in the desktop apps, such as not being able to choose a certain song to play. There are certain playlists you can listen to without shuffling, which would be the ones that don't have a blue shuffle symbol next to them, while all the others should be shuffling. More info on Spotify free on mobile can be found here

All that said, if this is happening on a premium account, I would recommend a clean reinstall and double checking that you are logged into the correct account. My understanding is that you would like to shuffle your playlists, and you should normally be seeing a green "shuffle play" button at the top of the playlists, or if you tap the currently playing song at the bottom of your screen to view the full playback controls, you can turn the shuffle function on and off that way.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No, it still plays in the same order....

Suggested posts