Premium

Country
USA

Device

LG G8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I seem to be experiencing the same issue covered in this topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Playlist-radio-feature-missing/idi-p/5153300...

I updated to the latest Spotify version and I'm still having the problem. Specifically, on artist playlists, there is no option for "Playlist Radio" on mobile. I have the option on desktop, but not mobile. This is very frustrating because it means I can't start a radio station based on an artist. If I start an "Artist Radio," it's really just a static playlist.

5 Replies

CarlosE

Hi there @philipmacd,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Could you let us know if this is happening with any artist or just with some in particular? It'd be helpful if you send us the URI/link of a couple of playlists that you can't start a Radio from.

Additionally, send us a screenshot where we can see the options that appear after you tap on the 3-dot menu on the affected playlists.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

philipmacd
Casual Listener

As far as I can tell, it happens with any artist. Although here are some specific ones where I've noticed the issue:

Uploaded screenshots of desktop (playlist radio is an option) and mobile (playlist radio is not an option) for comparison.

2021-10-14-spotify-artist-playlist.png
Screenshot_20211014-144130.png

Eni

Hey @philipmacd,

Thanks for sending us this info.

We're afraid it's not possible to generate a radio based on an existing artist radio in the mobile app. However, you can have the same effect by starting an artist radio in the mobile app and leave the Autoplay feature on so you can keep listening to similar music.

If you have any questions, just let us know. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

philipmacd
Casual Listener

I do have Autoplay enabled, but what you recommended is an issue because it forces me to listen to the same 3-4 hours worth of music for an "Artist Radio" (which is really a static playlist), before the autoplay feature kicks in. Is there anyway to get true radio functionality on the first listen every time, instead of having to listen to a full playlist and wait for the autoplay to kick in?

Eni

Hi there @philipmacd

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

It's not necessary to listen to the full artist Radio - you can start playing the last song of that Radio and when it finishes the Autoplay feature will start. Make sure that the Repeat option is disabled so it doesn't start the same artist Radio again.

Hope this helps. The Community is here if you need anything else.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
SUGGESTED POSTS