Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist reordered (not by me)

Playlist reordered (not by me)

I have Spotify Premium and use it on my computer, phone (Android) and iPad.  I have a "new stuff" playlist with 300+ songs from more than 30 albums, what I am currently listening to.  I recently noticed that several songs from an album near the top of the playlist had been exchanged with songs from an album near the bottom.  But, this 1) wasn't done by me, and 2) the problem only shows up on my phone and iPad.  On my computer, the playlist shows as I designed it.  I've already logged out and back into Spotify on these devices, but the playlist change doesn't go away.  How can I fix this and keep it from happening again.  Note the playlist is already ordered custom and shows correctly on the computer, the one device where it is easiest to make changes.  It's amazing to me that changes don't simply sync across devices.

5 Replies

Hey there @mcarley,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We suggest logging out from your account in all your devices, restarting them, and logging back in. Then, try having the app open in all the devices at the same time to see if that helps the syncing.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Just tried this and nope.  The playlist shows properly on my computer, incorrectly on my phone and iPad, just as before.

Hi @mcarley,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

It may take some time for the info to sync across devices. If you don't notice any difference soon, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps, as this can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If it doesn't do the trick, could you try with some other playlists you have to see if this behavior persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Tried that, on both devices and the problem remains.

I will note that with both devices, when I re-installed Spotify, I didn't have to input login credentials; my device still had them.  I did delete all of the cache data as suggested, so I think my login was stored on the devices, nothing more.  Just thought I'd mention it.

Hey @mcarley,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Note that the steps posted by @CarlosE above remove all Spotify files from previous installations. Your login data must indeed be saved by a service on your device. We recommend having a look at your Android/iOS settings if you wish to remove them.

As for the sorting issue - did it get resolved? If not, could you post screenshots of how the playlists in question appear across your devices? Please include screenshots of the sorting settings as well. It would also help us get to the bottom of this quicker, if you test whether this happens with all playlist or only specific ones.

Keep us posted. Looking forward to your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts