Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist showing generated username while playing, bug or change?

Playlist showing generated username while playing, bug or change?

Plan

Premium

Country

México

Device

Samsung J7 2015

Operating System

Android 6.1

My Question or Issue

So i stopped using Spotify for a few months but i just got back to it with a new account, and i noticed something about the interface now.

Before, when listening to a Playlist, it would show at the top "Playing from Playlist: (playlist name)" if it was mine and it would add the "by (profile name)" if it was someone else's. 

But now it doesn't seem that way, now it would show the entire "(playlist name) by (name)" but instead of the display name it will show the entire generated username even if the playlist is mine!

So im wondering, was this actually changed or is this only happening to me? I've tried uninstalling the app but that didn't do nothing. It bothers me a bit thinking if the rest of the users will see those random numbers instead of my display name like it used to be 4 months ago

I have attached screenshots from this issue, the first one is from April of this year, the second is today

Screenshot_20180414-220050.jpg
Screenshot_20180819-162104.png
3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. 

If your account was created through Facebook, and you disconnected the accounts, reconnecting them should help fix this.

Let us know how it goes.

@SergioDavid wrote:

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. 

If your account was created through Facebook, and you disconnected the accounts, reconnecting them should help fix this.

Let us know how it goes.

I didn't have my account connected to Facebook before, it's brand new!

Hey there @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back in touch with this.

We'd suggest first giving it a go and logging out and back in the app to shake things up.

You can also check if this occurs in other devices you're using Spotify on.

Let us know how that goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts