Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] View all Playlist Followers

Solved!

[Playlists] View all Playlist Followers

Plan

Premium

Country Singapore

Device

(Macbook Air 2015)

Operating System

(OSX Yosemite)

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify,

I have been experiencing my songs in a playlist skipping the first 5s and the last 5s whenever I press next or it automatically loops next, sort of like a fading effect. You can see it on the timer, as well as hear it fade.

Is there anyway I can turn this off so my song cuts off clean at the very last second and not fade out to the next song?

Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@kristyay 

Some curated by Spotify have crossfade enabled by default. It's not possible to switch this off. I suggest you dragging all songs into one of your own playlists to play them without crossfade. ^^

Hope that helps! 

Peace

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @kristyay! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That shouldn't happen.

Be sure to check your Settings > 'Show Advanced Settings' > Playback. Is it toggled off like in the following screenshot?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-16 um 16.33.51.png

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Hi,

It is already toggled off when I checked. what else can I do?

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 10.39.13 pm.png

@kristyay 

Your settings are set up properly.

Is every playlist affected by this or just specific ones? If not every playlist is affected please be sure to include them in your reply so I can look further into it. ^^

Peace

Hi Nico,

Thank you for your help.

It seems that only this particular playlist is affected. Can you help me to look into it?

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 10.50.18 pm.png
Marked as solution

@kristyay 

Some curated by Spotify have crossfade enabled by default. It's not possible to switch this off. I suggest you dragging all songs into one of your own playlists to play them without crossfade. ^^

Hope that helps! 

Peace

Suggested posts