Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists will randomly start playing in some random order even when shuffle is off

Playlists will randomly start playing in some random order even when shuffle is off

Plan : Premium

Device : Pixel 7 Pro

Operating System : Android 13 

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist that I add music new music to and want to listen to albums in the order they were intended. However, Spotify will randomly decide to start shuffling my playlists even when shuffle is not enabled. 

5 Replies

It sounds like you are experiencing a problem with the shuffle feature on Spotify. There are a few possible reasons for this:

1. Accidentally enabling shuffle: Sometimes, users accidentally tap the shuffle button on the bottom of the screen, which will shuffle the songs in the current playlist or album. Make sure that the shuffle button is not enabled on your screen.

2. Playlist settings: Check the settings of your playlist to see if the "shuffle" option is enabled. If it is, you will need to disable it in order to listen to the songs in the order they were intended.

3. Spotify App settings: Check Spotify settings for any options that might be related to shuffle. Go to your Spotify app settings and check if there's any option that might be causing this problem.

4. Spotify Connect: If you are using Spotify Connect to play music on another device, make sure that shuffle is not enabled on that device.

5. Spotify Premium: Spotify premium users have the ability to turn off the crossfade feature that mixes two songs together, which can lead to shuffle feeling.

If none of these solutions work, it's possible that there might be a bug in the Spotify app that is causing the shuffle feature to randomly turn on. In this case, you may want to contact Spotify support for further assistance.

I have one playlist that I add albums to and listen to them in order. I do
not use shuffle. Period.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and sorry for the late response as we just came across this thread.

@AmaniHiphop, we appreciate all the info you've posted covering the most common reasons for this issue.

However, if the issue keeps happening for @jag616 after checking those possibilities, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists after this, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you! I appreciate your response. I hope to become a Moderator here or join the Star program. I sent an application, is there anyway you could inquire on that to give me an update?

Hey @AmaniHiphop,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

That's awesome! We're glad to know that you're interested in the Stars program, thank you for applying 🙂

However, those applications are handled internally and we don't have any relevant info on our end. If you're selected, you'll be contacted by one of the members of the relevant team.

In case you want to review the requirements needed, check out this thread for more info.

Thank you again for your interest and if you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.  

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts