Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast Stuttering

Podcast Stuttering

When I try to listen to certain podcasts, they stutter as if not loading properly. I've tried deleting my data, reinstalling the app, unmonitoring the app, nothing has worked. This only happens with certain podcasts, not all, and only when I'm using data. Any help would be much appreciated.

Galaxy J7 Star, Spotify App

29 Replies

Hey @MaddPrerow! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Could you check if that happens to other devices of you as well? It could be a problem of the podcast itself or your app.

Let me know how it goes!

Peace

Thank you! Never had a problem on my last phone. Even when out of high speed data, all podcasts ran perfectly. It was an older phone, probably from the s7 era.

Plan

Premium

Country

Oman

Device

One plus 5

Operating System

1. Android Oreo above

My Question or Issue

Hello spotify I have been facing this issue for over 2 months now, I only listen to mainly two podcast and when I play them it keeps on stuttering and  I have done all the necessary steps like clearing all the storage then deleting the app after that reinstalling. Then it started to work properly but then again I started facing the same issue and its killing me that I can't listen even tho I have payed for the premium. Its really irritating that I can't listen to podcast my net is fine like I am able to download songs and all but it won't let me do the same for the podcast.

I would really appreciate if u could answer my questions cause I have gone though all the questions asked on the community and none of them have helped me solve my problem.

Thx

Jason.

I'm having the same problem but also on Wi-Fi and across all podcasts. It occurs only on my Android LG q6 phone, on my laptop it works fine.

I'm having the same issue. Spotify worked fine on my phone until a few days ago when all my podcasts started to stutter. They are gibberish now and I can't understand what is being said in any of them. Music still plays fine and podcasts play fine on my computer, but not my phone.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but no change. They played just fine for years, what has changed and how do I fix this?

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing playback issues while streaming podcasts. 

Make sure you perform a clean reinstall of the app, which includes deleting the app cache. Instructions can be found in this article.

We also recommend you try disabling any battery optimization software running on your phone. Follow these steps:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

It's also a good idea to go through this Android troubleshooting guide and see if anything makes a difference for you.

If the issue persist after trying the steps from above, we'd ask you to share the following info with us:

• Device make, model and exact OS version.
  • Spotify version.
  • Does this occur on both Wi-Fi and Mobile data.
  • Spotify URI or link to the stuttering podcasts.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem. I just noticed it today (August 27, 2020). This affects ALL podcasts, but no music. I have followed the recommended procedures to resolve the issue, nothing has worked.

Here is the information you asked to include:

If the issue persist after trying the steps from above, we'd ask you to share the following info with us:

I Have been having the same issue as well starting a few days ago.

Everything works except the podcasts . And it seems only on my phone. I use my acct with my 3 kids and I am the only one who is having this issue.

I have a LG Stylo 4 and use Metro PCS service .

I pay mostly for the fact i listen to podcasts alot at work so any help to fix this issue would be great .

I have tried the above solutions with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your info.

We have a few more more things that we'd like to ask:

• The country/region of your account.
  • Does this occur if you're logged in on another device with your account?

Also could you try switching the sound quality setting and tell us if that helps.

Another thing that would be useful is a short clip of the exact point in the podcast in which the this happens.

We'll be on the lookout for your answers 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am in the U.S. Fla . and it only started happening on my phone throughout every entire podcast. just a skipping like its dubbed wrong or the speed is off.

I have tried changing , resetting and reinstalling everything i could think of.

Country is USA,

Does this if logged in on another device or if I am not,

Does this on all sound qualities.

Does this for the entire podcast and any point in the podcast if I skip around.

Ive had the same issues for a week now, Im the only one using my account and while playing podcast on my phone they stutter, but music works just fine. Tried it on my desktop app and everything works just fine, mac and Windows. 

Just when I try to listen on my phone (LG Q6 Prime, Android) every single podcast I hear stutters, even the newly updated (like that Michelle Obama one). Tried some of the solutions listed by our lovely mod but to no avail.

I'm in Mexico City, Mexico.

Same issue for about 1-2 weeks. Podcasts only, music is fine. All podcasts, throughout the entire podcast. After hitting play, a long pause, then stuttering (sound stops and starts about 4 times each second) throughout the entire episode. Data or WiFi, all the same.

LG Stylo 4. Android 8.1.0

Spotify 8.5.72.800

US Mid-Atlantic area

I have tried the fixes mentioned with no luck so far. Like others, I pay for premium and use the app mostly for playing podcasts from my phone, so it's very frustrating.

I've been having this problem since at least 2 days ago, Sept. 3 2020. I did a clean reinstall and also followed these 2 steps and nothing has helped.[1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.]

Here's my info, I also have spotify premium and would like to be able to use it:

Device make, model and exact OS version.
-LG Stylo 4, Android Version 8.1.0
Spotify version.
Does this occur on both Wi-Fi and Mobile data.
-Yes it happens on both Wi-Fi and Mobile data
Spotify URI or link to the stuttering podcasts.
(it wouldnt let me "Copy Link" so I had to select "...More" and then select "Copy to Clipboard")
(It happens with every podcast but not with music)
1- You Can Sit With Us
https://open.spotify.com/episode/3g1G7YCWsR0HGvbVb6Lg38?si=8m2i6HYuThG3NWjo57xebA
2- The TryPod
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5ueiimyO8hUAzwKkZDawjY?si=8TGve3rrQSa-3i9B0s84FA
3- I Like Your Work
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5xNf3wVz5Ad0PLKn0MowPB?si=TfXP9Fx7RAq5gJik0pcXPA

This is still happening to me and has been since august 27, 2020. Music plays fine, audio on podcasts keeps doing this. I have followed all of the steps and it's still doing this. 

LG Q70

software version: Q620WA20a

spotify version 8.5.74.834

it occurs all the time, on or off wifi / mobile data 

I would add a link but it occurs on every podcast i try to play for any artist in any genre at any time in day especially when im paying to use it. please help

Hello, I have an lg stylo 4 as well and I have been having the same podcast stuttering issue, This happened for every podcast I have tried to listen to, and the podcast stutters for the entire duration. I live in America and I use my Spotify account on my iPad no problem, I have no problems listening to music on my phone.

I just want to add that my daughter has the same phone (stylo 4) and has no issues with spotify or the podcasts whatsoever. Unfortunately at this point I'll probably be getting another family plan elsewhere for music etc.

No attempts to solve this issue have worked. 
Myself and several spotify agents exhausted all efforts.
Eventually we cancelled my existing account and created a new one. The podcasts played smooth for inside of a week and then the issue manifested anew. 
I am running all current updates to System and App on the LG Stylo 4 version 8.1.0
with spotify 8.5.75.766

I noticed many of you have had this same problem beginning back to August with similar Android models.

This issue has been forwarded to Spotify as of this morning for the second time.

I am crossing my fingers that now that more of us have reported the issue that it will be investigated and solved. 

I have the same problem. I am in Canada. If I play the same podcasts on Google Podcasts, they work fine.

Suggested posts