Podcast features not working

Plan

Spotify Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 3a XL

My Question or Issue

The same problem for different features: When I tap on the buttons, nothing happens.  This happens on both the podcast's "sort" button and the episode's play button (as highlighted in the attached photos).

The "sort" function on a podcast's page doesn't work

green.jpg
sort.jpg
19 Replies

Hey there @jaelabi

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's playback features.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hello.  I did try a clean reinstall of the app on my phone.  I also do not think it is only a problem with my phone since I know others who have the same troubles as me.

Still not working

Hey there @SprinterLex,

Thanks for posting on this thread and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, did you follow the steps in this article to run a clean reinstall? That would also ensure that you're running the latest app version.

If the issue persists, could you try on a different device and let us know if the same happens there?

If it does, we'd like to know the make, model, and OS version of the devices you tried so we can further look into this.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello! I was told to do a clean reinstall as well back when I first submitted this problem, but it never fixed it. I've just given up on that feature to be honest since it didn't work the way it was supposed to.

Hey there @jaelabi,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We really want to help you figure this out.

Can you log in with another account on the device this occurs on - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes. The problem still occurs - I don't know if it only affects Android phones because it also doesn't work on the OnePlus 7 Pro (I don't know anyone with an iPhone to test it out).

Hey again @jaelabi,

Thank you for your reply.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Also - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted 🙂

JeremyModerator

Hello, I do not have an SD card, but even after factor resetting my phone and reinstalling the app, the same problem occurs. And it still persists on every internet connection (like other WiFi connections or using data).

Hey there @jaelabi,

Thanks for trying and for keeping in touch.

We'd like to know if this happens with a specific podcast or with any podcast you try to play. If it's only with a specific one, could you send us the link/URI so we can further investigate?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

The problem is universal across all podcasts.

Hey again @jaelabi,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you provide us a screen recording? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hello.  Is there another way to get the video to you since it won't let me attach it here.  (I am under the 5MB range, so I don't know why it won't attach).

Hey @jaelabi

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you try it again from an incognito window on a PC and using a different internet connection? 

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello.

I tried using my phone's hotspot and it worked now.  You can see how the episode's play button doesn't work, and how the podcast's sort feature doesn't work, but I am able to play episodes when it's on the list mode.

Hey @jaelabi,

Thanks for keeping us posted and sharing the video with us 🙂

In this case we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. You can also include the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. The folks there can investigate this further and give you more information about the issue.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @jaelabi,

Thanks for keeping us posted and sharing the video with us 🙂

In this case we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. You can also include the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. The folks there can investigate this further and give you more information about the issue.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having this problem with 8.7.36.923 in June 2022. Was this issue never fixed or is it a regression?

Hi, I have had this issue as well for years across several different Android devices. The play button on podcasts does not work. Has there been a resolution to this issue? 

Suggested posts